PDA

View Full Version : Another Slow Stick

meegosh
10-13-2005, 07:26 PM
I am thinking about getting another slow stick for my girlfriend to fly. I have found this one on RCGroups.com. It is as follows:

GWS DUAL MOTOR EPSD-350C-D/BALL BEARING MOTOR/GEARBOX
GWS 1365 SLOW FLYER PROPELLER (2 EACH)
GWS COMPACT 400 66 TOOTH "D" SPUR GEAR (2 EACH)
GWS NARO RECEIVER 6 CHANNEL/F/HORIZONTAL PIN
GWS 72FM PICO/NARO (UM1) CRYSTAL (CH 13)
HITECH 55 SERVO (2 EACH)
DUBRO MINI E/Z CONNECTOR (2 PKG)
CASTLE CREATIONS PIXIE 20P BRUSHED SPEED CONTROL
7.4 VOLT 1200 MAH HIGH PERFORMANCE LIPO PACK (2 EACH)
E-TEC SM 2500 LIPOLY 1 - 4 CELL CHARGER (APACHE 2500)
FUTABA 4 channel TX (CH13)(WITH CHARGER) TOTAL 319.33 when purchased new

Asking $180.00

Check out pic here:
http://hopeofbeavercounty.com/HPIM0353.JPG

This is what has been done:

"Just want to tell you one thing so there are no surprises. All of the gear (ESC, batteries, Tx, rx, motor, etc tec everythin less plane itself is like new in the box.

The plane for what it is has the following modifications (which is an improvement in my way of thinking). Wing halves have been epoxied and thin ply sandwiched under center rib roots (wing center has clear packing tape which is not the prettiest as it does not perfectly contour. I was going to take off but was afraid it would pull the color off the wing. You could take off and replace with red colored tape (couple guys in our club have done that)

THe only other thing is that I reinforced the stab and fin with thin ply and both are bolted on vs the two sided tape supplied with kit. Most of the time these break off - have not had that problem. THe rudder has been gluded as I dropped when I was replacing a battery.

If you want I can take detailed pic tonight and send to you - I will do that anyway - Again don't want you buying something that you won't be satisfied with. I have had a lot of fun with this plane from slow flying to some mild 3D (yes it does great parachutes and will to limited hover (remember swinging a 13" prop instead of stock 11) inverted. Will roll if set up correctly - lot of dihederal."

Does that seem like a good deal?

meegosh
10-13-2005, 10:14 PM
Anyone? :confused::confused::confused:

soarr
10-14-2005, 12:01 AM
Sounds like a good deal to me. Go for it.

Don Sims
10-14-2005, 02:46 AM
Or offer $150 shipped and see what happens.