PDA

View Full Version : trex question

dicko
03-30-2007, 11:00 AM
I got my trex 450se yesterday and have got most of it assembled apart from radio gear and servos and i was admiring it earlier thinking to myself far out this is a nice piece of gear and while fidiling with the head i noticed the swashplate dosent move up and down like my nr3d it moves side to side and front to back but not up and down. is this normal or is something binding?

paranoia
03-30-2007, 09:59 PM
the swash should move up and down to adj the pitch. maybe your blade grips are jammed?

dicko
03-31-2007, 08:06 AM
well i took my head apart today and found that the piece that slides up and down on the main shaft was jammed so i took the mainshaft out and cleaned it up and it works fine now. i think that when it was assembled at the factory they may have got a bit of loctite or something on it witch caused it to lock up.

Michael503
04-09-2007, 02:54 AM
well i took my head apart today and found that the piece that slides up and down on the main shaft was jammed so i took the mainshaft out and cleaned it up and it works fine now. i think that when it was assembled at the factory they may have got a bit of loctite or something on it witch caused it to lock up.
You should be aware that Align has a bad habit of inconsistent locktite application. You need to check EVERY stinkin screw on that thing. I have heard of blade grips departing the head in flight because there was no locktite on the screws holding it to the feathering shaft! :eek:
That said, if you can't remove it with reasonable force, it's probably OK.

dicko
04-10-2007, 11:38 AM
thanks for the advice michael. yeh i have completely torn the heli down and re loctited everything so hopefully no parts should come of :)