PDA

View Full Version : My Poor Tigershark!

jez_uk1
03-30-2007, 05:42 PM
Today marked the maiden flight of my new Tigershark. The first 5 minutes went well, trim adjustments were made and a few control surface adjustments noted for post-flight.

After turning the aircraft downwind, it started to cut in and out. I tried to turn it back but it was too late.. Something went wrong and all went silent! A modererate breeze carried it about 50metres before crashing into the ground at a shallow angle but at reasonably high speed.

The problem was the receiver losing signal, although I've used it in other models without any issue even at longer distances. Possibly something as simple as aerial routing caused it. Either way, I'm seriously considering moving over to DX6/7!

The fuselage is pictured as it was found. The other wing (shown in the bottom left), battery and horizontal stab were 10 metres further away. No damage to any of the electronics/motor/fan etc...

Enjoy the picture!

Major Danger
05-21-2007, 01:13 AM
Man thats a crying shame. I'm so sorry man. I had similar prob's with my Zagi (pic below) when I put her up for her first test flights. After a hard turn or something like that I'd get irratic behavior and she'd fall to earth hard. I'd walk over to see her ailervons twitchin and fluttering. I found the problem to be the connection between Rx and servo plugs. Somehow they aren't as tight as they should be. But recently I upgraded the motor and esc and went totally lipo. I hot glued the servo connections to keep em better plugged in. But if it causes me greif again I'm dumping the Futaba Rx and getting another name. This is the 2nd Rx I put in the thing for the same problem. The Zagi can and will handle abuse. But I don't like system failures if it can be avoided at the manufacturers end.

Again I'm sorry for your loss. Not because it's unexpected, but mostly because you really didn't get to fly the thing. You never got to be "zen like" with the plane.

It definately could be much worse for you though.

Chin up mate (I think thats Australian for don't be sad)

jez_uk1
05-21-2007, 06:19 PM
Thanks for the reply. Glad to hear you sorted out your ZAGI problems - they're pretty tough which is a good thing!

constantCrash
05-21-2007, 06:51 PM
Sorry for your loss. I think we need a poll for average life expectancy of a bird. it would be an interesting datamining experiment.

xuzme720
05-26-2007, 02:11 AM
Sorry for your loss. I think we need a poll for average life expectancy of a bird. it would be an interesting datamining experiment.

what is this "life expectancy" you speak of? I don't understand....??

they are expected to live? would someone please relay the message to my planes!:roll:and my heli's...especially my heli's:Q