PDA

View Full Version : How refeshing...

mcross
04-06-2007, 04:12 AM
...it is to NOT have banner adds everywhere!
Thanks,
Mike

Rabbitcreekok
04-06-2007, 06:06 AM
Hey Mike, you are absolutely right. And welcome to WattFlyer.

peterkron
04-06-2007, 07:03 AM
i actually like to leave them on just to see new products and stuff:)

aviatordave
04-06-2007, 08:50 PM
me to, sometimes they have giveaways you can sign up for..free planes, motors, batteries...and such

Mike Parsons
04-10-2007, 02:58 PM
The idea was to give everyone a choice. See them...or don't. The choice is always yours. :)

Murocflyer
04-10-2007, 08:19 PM
Yup, I agree. No ads for me. It's nice that way. Nothing flashing or moving around trying to scare you. Like a relaxing evening sitting under an apple tree in the summertime drinking a cold glass of sweet tea.

Frank

Yea, it's all that. :)

mcross
04-14-2007, 12:47 AM
Hi,
I do have the adds on, for now. If the page gets too full, I'll turn them off. I like that option!
I was more comparing to another site that's been adding banners at the rate one or two a week, at least it seems that often.
Mike

Spencer J
04-14-2007, 06:33 AM
I like ads on because it might bring me to my next plane :D

admin
04-14-2007, 05:33 PM
On wattflyer originally we didn't run any ads. After a poll it showed that better than 2/3 wanted to see them. I felt at least not giving those people the choice would be not listening to the customer so at that time we added just the two small ones to only a few of the pages here. I also made it so it is super easy to hide them or make them reappear. No digging through settings or anything. I felt this gave everyone the option to get exactly what they wanted and it seems to have worked out extremely well.

I too like seeing the ads because it shows me what is new. Truth be told I am planning some redesign on RCU this year to shrink some of the existing tall banners and eliminate some of the spots. For those who are on the side of not wanting to see ads rcu also has an opt out in the settings page but the vast majority prefer to see them to see what is new and exciting.

admin
04-15-2007, 04:39 PM
Total Banners on forum homepage:

RCG: 13 (no opt-out)
RCU Forum Homepage: 8 (with opt-out option via account settings)
RCU Main Homepage: 5
Wattflyer: 2 (with opt-out option link adjacent to banner)

Murocflyer
04-15-2007, 04:46 PM
Wattflyer: 2 (with opt-out option link adjacent to banner)

I like it this way. Thanks for thinking about us!

Frank