PDA

View Full Version : want to purchase

sawadee
04-06-2007, 01:55 PM
Does anyone out there have a 4 or more chanel SINGLE stick transmitter they want to get rid of. I need one for an experiment I want to try.

Contact me at
bwad1@verizon.net

Rabbitcreekok
04-06-2007, 04:05 PM
I have never seen such an animal. Beyond three channels, the throttle is usually on the left stick, hence 2 sticks.

N3CLI
04-06-2007, 09:48 PM
I have never seen such an animal. Beyond three channels, the throttle is usually on the left stick, hence 2 sticks.

You must be in the hobby a shorter time than some of us.

I had a 6 channel single stick Pro Line that had an open gimble stick made by Ron Chidgey who was an international pattern champion back in the day. The throttle was on the side of the box and was right by your finger as you held the metal box. It looked like a trim tab switch. Paid $600 for the rig back then. That was AM and was before FM. I flew on 6 meters 53.1 as a ham back then and never had to wait for the pin.

The feel of the big single stick was much like flying a full scale plane, but the rudder was on the end of the stick itself so you had to rotate the end of the stick for rudder.Great feel but I later went to dual stick. I think the attraction was the very long stick movement like a full scale plane.

Memories are so sweet at times.

Fred:D

Rabbitcreekok
04-07-2007, 12:24 AM
You must be in the hobby a shorter time than some of us.

I had a 6 channel single stick Pro Line that had an open gimble stick made by Ron Chidgey who was an international pattern champion back in the day. The throttle was on the side of the box and was right by your finger as you held the metal box. It looked like a trim tab switch. Paid $600 for the rig back then. That was AM and was before FM. I flew on 6 meters 53.1 as a ham back then and never had to wait for the pin.

The feel of the big single stick was much like flying a full scale plane, but the rudder was on the end of the stick itself so you had to rotate the end of the stick for rudder.Great feel but I later went to dual stick. I think the attraction was the very long stick movement like a full scale plane.

Memories are so sweet at times.

You are absoultely correct Fred. Look at your AMA number and mine. I would suspect that none of those old boxes would be acceptable in todays environment or would they?

N3CLI
04-07-2007, 01:21 AM
Those were the days before Fred Marks put forth the narrow band plan.

Because it is a ham frequency it still can be used as the ham band is so uncrowed still.

I used that radio to fly for the AMA show team in the Philadelphia area.

This hobby has been a lifelong thing for me.

Even my full scale Cessna 210 was great but the nodels offer something more.

Keep Flying Jim