PDA

View Full Version : Mounting a Hacker motor and prop?

KenS
10-15-2005, 12:39 PM
I am ready to install my firewall/mount..I happened to grab my 9x5 gws prop and check it. It does not fit on my shaft adapters. I assume you have to drill the hole out a a lot like we had to do with glows years back.
I also notice that in the hacker motor kit...they supply a plywood mount, which I will be using since it's pre drilled:P but they also include 2 different looking-what looks like some type of collets or adapters, and a black cross looking thing which I assume is a different style mount.
Can someone explain how I should mount all of this or point me to some photos? The motor has no instructions for it at all.
Yes this is my first electric!

If I am looking at this correctly, one of the adapters has 4 screws that hold it on the front of the motor,then you have to drill out the prop "by quite a bit" so it slides onto the smoothe portion of the prop adapter shaft,then place the washer on after the prop, and tighten the nut in place?

watt_the?!
10-15-2005, 02:07 PM
please post some pics if you can, then you'll get specific help. i can only make guesses at tthis stage. im fairly sure what it is, but not totally.

what motor is it exactly?

Tim.

KenS
10-15-2005, 02:26 PM
I think I figured it out. Glueing her in now. Gonna use hot melt since it's in the nose, I want it to be a little bit flexible heheh.

BTW it's a Hacker 20/22L going on a Zoom Zoom 4D.

Matt Kirsch
10-17-2005, 01:39 AM
I'm assuming this is an A20-22L outrunner. There is also a "B20" series of motors which are conventional.

The black cross-looking thing is called a "radial mount." You turn the motor around, screw the cross directly to the firewall, and mount the prop to the spinning can side of the motor. There should also be a wheel collar that goes on the shaft end that sticks in through the firewall to keep the motor from pulling apart in this configuration. From the looks of it, you also have to reverse the shaft so it's poking out the rotating can end.

hoppy
10-17-2005, 04:13 AM
http://www.hackerbrushless.com/PDF/A20instructions.pdf

Some general information...

Be sure that mount is securely glued on!! These motors generate a lot of torque and will twist it right off if not securely attached....been there, done that.