PDA

View Full Version : New Parkzone J3 cub

GreenAce92
04-09-2007, 02:08 AM
Well I recently have accuired a J3 cub. I flew the cub today and made some good flights. While flying I had to make a dead stick landing because my battery died. So I took a few nicks to my cub such as chiped wing but mostly my cracked fuselage. Has anyone ever replaced a cub fuselage before where the battery compartment is cracked and the part where cowl ends on fuselage. Also is it posible to order the same receiver, 2 servos, motor and gearbox,propeller and pushrods and build another plane out of it using the same transmitter.Thanks any help would greatly be appreciated.

Grasshopper
04-09-2007, 02:12 AM
Hi GreenAce,

I replaced the fuse on a buddy's PZ J3 a while back. It's not to bad but just takes a little time. Is it possible to repair the cracked one and keep flying it?

GreenAce92
04-09-2007, 02:27 AM
Hey thanks

Is it possible to hook up a propsaver to my PZ J3 because I really dont want to replace lots of propellers and I added a tailwheel to my J3 and i was able to takeoff from the ground is it ok to keep it on or will it cause future problems.
Thanks

Grasshopper
04-09-2007, 02:32 AM
I'm sure there's got to be a way to use a prop saver. I've never used one so I can't give any details. You might do a search for prop saver. I know there have been a few threads where guys show how they use them and even make their own.

I think the tail wheel is a great idea and can't see why it would cause any problems. I've been meaning to put one on mine but just never seem to get around to it. They are squirrelly on the ground without one.

GreenAce92
04-09-2007, 02:42 AM
Thanks for the help and I understand what you mean by squirrelly. When I first got mine I always prefered to takeoff from the ground because I always worried about a sudden gust jolting the plane right when I toss it.When I first tried to take off it would veer off to the right and i would over correct it and it would spin out. When I hooked the tail on I was able to take off into the wind at full throttle in about 5ft. The pipercub's a great plane. A friend of mine owns a real supercub and I flew in it, its nice.