PDA

View Full Version : DARE DESIGNS FOKKER DR1 and Wagner Video

watt_the?!
10-16-2005, 12:06 PM
OK its a bit longish, nearly 3 minutes, but the end is worth it.

http://www.relexaustralia.com.au/rcstuff/darefokkerdr3.wmv

right click and "save as"

8mb.

Tim...

watt_the?!
10-16-2005, 12:28 PM
fully operational wing warping via pulley system.

test flight only.

Tim.

http://www.relexaustralia.com.au/rcstuff/kweindekker.avi

6.4mb

scalercflyer
10-16-2005, 02:32 PM
The DRI flies great! Thanks for the video. :D I thought I was the only one who landed that way! :eek: Yikes! Hope it's OK. :) I predict my DVIII will land the same way. Practice your landings WWI Ace! You're going to need it! :o Martin

WWI Ace
10-16-2005, 06:36 PM
Yeah Scaleflyer. I have two DR1's that I currently fly and they're both a little tricky on the ground!!!

WWI Ace
10-16-2005, 06:42 PM
You gotta bring in will some throttle. Cut the throttle on touchdown. Grab a fistful of elevator to keep the tail stuck to the ground. And steer like crazy with the rudder till they stop rolling!!!

scalercflyer
10-16-2005, 08:21 PM
YIKES! :eek: Shades of the Red Baron!!!

watt_the?!
10-16-2005, 09:33 PM
we dont have many concrete runways so rolling on landing isnt really a problem, its lack of rolling....

flips then over very often, even the long tailed ww1 types.

heres a link to a video of how to do a proper ww1 landing.

http://www.relexaustralia.com.au/rcstuff/howtoland2.wmv

2mb.

its the sopwith again.
good lander, bad flier unfort.

Tim.

ps thanks for the comments guys, that dr1 sure dcoes fly good eh?
broke the motor shaft on the botched landing, thats all, and ripped some tissue...all fixed now.

scalercflyer
10-16-2005, 09:46 PM
Watt_The surely you can fix the Tripehound! :D I would suggest more right and down thrust to start with. :rolleyes: Also check those 6 (YIKES :eek: ) wings for warpage. I can't believe you can't get her starightened out. Hey Guys, any other suggestions for trimming the tripehound out? Let's help Watt_The with this plane. It's too nice to take out of service! Martin

watt_the?!
10-16-2005, 09:50 PM
sorry guys, the tripe is too far gone, has been salvaged for servos etc which meant some cutting.

it was my first small electric multiwing build and the warps are all over the place. its amazing that it flies at all. needless to say that the test flight was hairy...lol..

maybe one day.

next time itll be with ailerons though.

Tim.

WWI Ace
10-16-2005, 10:16 PM
It still looks cool though!!!

watt_the?!
10-16-2005, 10:22 PM
i just went to DARE's website and found a new Sopwith Tripe- true to scale by mike midkiff at 24 inch span....and some other new stuff also....

looking good for ww1 and pre ww1 kits there.

Tim.

WWI Ace
10-17-2005, 12:23 AM
What's Dares website??

scalercflyer
10-17-2005, 12:28 AM
Sad news indeed Watt. :( But there's always another build waiting in the wings (so to speak) :D . That's what I love about this hobby. New Friends, new projects to build and the anticipation of that bird you built taking to the air. You gotta love it. I just want to say that I appreciate all of my new friends here. I feel that I have known you guys forever. God Bless each and everyone of you. Martin

scalercflyer
10-17-2005, 12:31 AM
WWI Ace try this:
http://www.darehobby.com/
Martin

WWI Ace
10-17-2005, 12:37 AM
Thanks MARTIN!!! Did you get my email about the plans headed your direction? Steve.

scalercflyer
10-17-2005, 12:44 AM
Yes I did Buddy!!!! I am looking forward to getting them. :) I think I know what you did and I am humbled by your generosity. What can I say? Thanks is never enough! RC flyers do make the best of Friends (even if we don't live close). BTW, your stuff will be in the mail next week. SURPRISE, SURPRISE!!!! :D :D Martin

watt_the?!
10-17-2005, 12:45 AM
Sad news indeed Watt. :( But there's always another build waiting in the wings (so to speak) :D . That's what I love about this hobby. New Friends, new projects to build and the anticipation of that bird you built taking to the air. You gotta love it. I just want to say that I appreciate all of my new friends here. I feel that I have known you guys forever. God Bless each and everyone of you. Martin

i love it too!

ok group hug everyone.........and...........break.............. .lets never speak of this again.

:D

WWI Ace
10-17-2005, 12:47 AM
Alright, lets not get all mushy!!!

WWI Ace
10-17-2005, 12:50 AM
Happy birthday to me. Happy birthday to me. Today I turned 40. Happy birthday to me!!! Steve.

WWI Ace
10-17-2005, 12:52 AM
I keep checking the chat room hoping one of you guys will be there. Doesn't anybody talk anymore?

scalercflyer
10-17-2005, 12:54 AM
Steve go to the chat room. Martin

NitroCharged
10-17-2005, 01:54 AM
Nice flight - cracker landing Tim :)

I finally got to get my onboard cam working and Bruno and I took some inflight footage. Boring to anyone else but us no doubt. Just to finally get some footage after all these months of trying to get the faulty uhf rxer exchanged was the best thing. Schmiddy is back in service so that and my Sukhoi will be next on the list of supplying inflight footage ;)

watt_the?!
10-17-2005, 02:06 AM
Nice flight - cracker landing Tim :)

I finally got to get my onboard cam working and Bruno and I took some inflight footage. Boring to anyone else but us no doubt. Just to finally get some footage after all these months of trying to get the faulty uhf rxer exchanged was the best thing. Schmiddy is back in service so that and my Sukhoi will be next on the list of supplying inflight footage ;)

nice!!!...please post the video here!

Walt Thyng
10-17-2005, 01:45 PM
Watt--The; great video. Just the kick I need to finish my Dr. 1. I cheat on all my biplanes and make sure the axle is slightly ahead of the c/g. It took a full inch on my Camel, but it makes a huge difference in cutting down (not eleiminating) the scale tip overs. Taht and keeping some air moving over the tail surfaces.
Walt