PDA

View Full Version : Jeti 40 Plus

simibill
10-16-2005, 05:06 PM
I have a Jeti 40 Plus ESC which I am trying to program using Jeti's Program card. I am unable to get the single beep which is supposed to indicate successful programming. The ESC works normally when connected to a power pack, but the cut off voltage is not set correctly. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks,

qban_flyer
10-16-2005, 06:14 PM
I have a Jeti 40 Plus ESC which I am trying to program using Jeti's Program card. I am unable to get the single beep which is supposed to indicate successful programming. The ESC works normally when connected to a power pack, but the cut off voltage is not set correctly. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks,

After setting the jumpers for the brake and cutoff type (soft-hard) and the type pack, and voltage setting you are using, are you connecting the battery pack to the ESC and turning the power switch to ON (if you have one on the plane)? Make sure your TX is ON also.

The TX has got to be ON before you apply power to the ESC, otherwise it will not accept the program settings. I have been using JETI PLUS ESCs and have had no problems programming them with the card.

simibill
10-16-2005, 06:34 PM
Yes transmitter on then switch on - nothing happens - i.e. no beep. The battery pack of course is just a standard 4.5v flight pack.

qban_flyer
10-16-2005, 07:03 PM
Yes transmitter on then switch on - nothing happens - i.e. no beep. The battery pack of course is just a standard 4.5v flight pack.

Hello again,

Are you planning to use the JETI with a separate battery pack for the RX & servos? If so the voltage of the battery pack you are going to be using should be 4.8V.

If you are going to use the JETI PLUS with a battery pack to drive the servos, RX and motor then you should not hook any battery up to the programming card, just plug your pack into the ESC and the beeps from the ESC accepting the settings will follow.

I'll have to look over my manual to check and see what to do in order to program it if two packs are to be used. I Haven't had a need to do so yet, and I don't have the owner's manual (sheet) with me at this location. I'll let you know what I come up with as soon as I can.

simibill
10-16-2005, 07:30 PM
Oh... I am not using a separate battery pack for receiver & servos. I was just hooking up a flight pack battery - 4.8v because the Program card says external power. I'll try again with just power pack connected to ESC.

Thanks,

qban_flyer
10-16-2005, 08:14 PM
Oh... I am not using a separate battery pack for receiver & servos. I was just hooking up a flight pack battery - 4.8v because the Program card says external power. I'll try again with just power pack connected to ESC.

Thanks,

That connection on the upper left is for Opto Coupler use. Just plug you battery pack onto the JETI ESC and wait for its music to begin. It will chime several times, with the throttle all the way down. The power from the pack is all that is needed to activate the programming on the card.

Grab hold of the plane, rev it up and it should work properly. Then go fly it!

simibill
10-17-2005, 12:30 AM
Thanks, it seems to be OK now.

qban_flyer
10-17-2005, 02:09 AM
Thanks, it seems to be OK now.

Glad to have been of some assistance. I love those JETI programming cards, they make what can be a chore a simple operation.