PDA

View Full Version : Header Display

simibill
04-16-2007, 04:36 PM
I like the look of the new design header or whatever it's called, but on my screen it is offset about one half inch to the left as compared to all other blocks.

Is it just me, or is this an anomaly?

admin
04-16-2007, 04:57 PM
a few browser show this..we are working on the code to fix this up

admin
04-16-2007, 05:04 PM
is it fixed now?

simibill
04-16-2007, 11:16 PM
is it fixed now?

Yes it is fixed for me, thanks.

smokejohnson
04-16-2007, 11:18 PM
I like the design too, looks good.:cool:

PerlAddict
04-17-2007, 02:30 PM
What version of Safari are you running?

Interesting that the <table> tag has to be back in there to get it centered up, while IE/Firefox just need the <div> with the proper CSS.

simibill
04-17-2007, 03:24 PM
What version of Safari are you running?

Interesting that the <table> tag has to be back in there to get it centered up, while IE/Firefox just need the <div> with the proper CSS.

I have Safari v2.0.4

PerlAddict
04-17-2007, 03:31 PM
My guess is that safari doesn't parse the "align=center" that was being used in the top-nested <div> ... I'd be curious if "text-align: center" in the BODY tag of the stylesheet would work correctly.

I may put up a test page for you to look at Bill to see if you can tell a difference. I'll post the URL once I've uploaded it.

simibill
04-17-2007, 03:38 PM
My guess is that safari doesn't parse the "align=center" that was being used in the top-nested <div> ... I'd be curious if "text-align: center" in the BODY tag of the stylesheet would work correctly.

I may put up a test page for you to look at Bill to see if you can tell a difference. I'll post the URL once I've uploaded it.

You did see my reply that the header displays correctly now didn't you?

Grasshopper
04-17-2007, 03:50 PM

Hey Dave, you never mentioned you spoke a foreign language too. :D

PerlAddict
04-17-2007, 09:44 PM
Yes, I did. I also looked to see what code Marc changed. What I wanted to narrow down (for my own information) was what code Safari was parsing differently than Internet Explorer/Firefox. Just something that would be good to know for future reference.

Tom - what can I say? It's too bad "geek" wasn't offered as language course back in high school. :D

You did see my reply that the header displays correctly now didn't you?