PDA

View Full Version : First plane is here!

meegosh
10-17-2005, 07:56 PM
My first plane ever is waiting at the Post Office for me to pick it up. I cannot wait!! :D It seems like it is too windy today for a maiden but maybe I'll post some pictures of the plane as I assemble it! Kind of anxious to see how the dual motor SS flies!

From what I understand the guy who owned it before (dblades @ RCGroups) has maxed out the throws so I may have to be extremely careful with the rudder and elevator so I do not over-compensate turns and what not.

Overall I think this will still be an easy plane to learn on regardless of the dual motors and the servo arms. I will post a first flight report on my site (see my sig.)!!

EpoweredRc
10-17-2005, 08:50 PM
My first plane ever is waiting at the Post Office for me to pick it up. I cannot wait!! :D It seems like it is too windy today for a maiden but maybe I'll post some pictures of the plane as I assemble it! Kind of anxious to see how the dual motor SS flies!

From what I understand the guy who owned it before (dblades @ RCGroups) has maxed out the throws so I may have to be extremely careful with the rudder and elevator so I do not over-compensate turns and what not.

Overall I think this will still be an easy plane to learn on regardless of the dual motors and the servo arms. I will post a first flight report on my site (see my sig.)!!

I Looked at your site,looks good but do you know a few of your menus Dont work?! Anyhow looks like you got into RC about like how I did. My site is in my Sig also. Good luck with that plane, I hope it does good for you.

Happy Flying

Chris

meegosh
10-17-2005, 09:14 PM
Yeah the My Hanger and My Garage links are down. I am currently adding a bunch of pictures to them. I'm glad you liked the site!! Yours is awesome aswell! If you want some free web space that does not have banners or popups try http://50webs.com I use that for any sites that I do not want to waste a domain on. If you really need ad free space I can host it on my domain, hopeofbeavercounty.com w/ your own subdomain.

Let me know !!! :)

watt_the?!
10-17-2005, 09:26 PM
steve,

please, please, please, whatever you do ask first, fly later....even if the temptation is so great you cant stand it.

also, one of the things that has become legendary is the phrase- just one last flight. dont do it.

somehow murphy more times than not manages to make that one more flight , one last flight.

im sure all of use who fly know your emotions right now. What i am impressed by is the amount of online research and mingling youve done prior to getting it.

nice work mate.

its great to ride shotgun with ya on this.

Tim

meegosh
10-17-2005, 09:40 PM
Yes, research is VERY important when buying R/C equipment. There are so many different factors that go into making a plane flight worthy from what I understand. By researching the numerous online forums I have gained a better understanding of flight in general and electronics.

My dad always tells me, "Measure twice, cut once!" I feel this saying applies to this meaning, research research research, and buy once!

Everyone on this forum has been very supportive and have given all their tips and tricks they have picked up over the years. This is exactly what I was looking for, experienced pilots giving me information based upon past experiences. This, in my opinion, is the best way to gain accurate information.

Once again I would like to thank everyone that has replied to my numerous posts and questions regarding my first plane and its setup.

Hopefully with all this feedback and comments I got, I can successfully get my first plane in the air without any problems. Weather permitting that is!! ;)

watt_the?!
10-17-2005, 09:48 PM
Steve,

good post....

without being pre emptive or ''pointing the bone'' (aboriginal curse) at you , even if it doesnt work out first time, dont give up.

you'll love it.

my first plane was ''test flown'' by my instructor and lasted about 20 seconds....the thoughts about giving up rushed through my head thats for sure as alot of dough went into that bird.

did you hook up with an experienced flyer?

Tim.

flypaper 2
10-17-2005, 10:08 PM
Steve:
Might be a good idea to cut the throws down by half till you get a handle on it.

Jeremy Z
10-18-2005, 06:20 AM
I don't remember, have you been practicing with FMS? I hope so!

I think you'll find that your nerves are a mess, and that is the main difference. You can nearly always see the ground in your peripheral vision, where you can't on FMS too.

Good luck man.

Jeremy

meegosh
10-19-2005, 07:37 PM
Yes I have been practicing on the FMS, hopefully all those hours wasted with it will pay off! :)

LuckyArmpit
10-21-2005, 03:41 AM
Steve, noticed your from Cranberry??? I use to work in Warrendale at FORE Systems, now its Marconi. Worked there for 6.5 years before they downsized. I am about 50 minutes north of you via route 60 and turnpike. If your ever up to the W. Middlesex/Mercer/Sharon/Hermitage area, let me know...I belong to the Hubbard Wingsnappers and Sharon Skylarks. Two nice clubs with really nice fields.

Dave...

Doppelganger
10-21-2005, 04:50 AM
also, one of the things that has become legendary is the phrase- just one last flight. dont do it.

somehow murphy more times than not manages to make that one more flight , one last flight.

That my friends, is the gospel. Murphy got me twice. Now, more often than not, I opt to forgo that "1 last flight."

Steve

Unbalanced prop
10-21-2005, 02:30 PM
Good luck Steve!!

Doug

Tommyr
10-22-2005, 01:49 PM

Congrats Steve!

Oh and I love your "Fly like an Eagle" album!

;)

Tom