PDA

View Full Version : Oh that is going to leave a mark.........

Glacier Girl
04-20-2007, 04:13 PM
Or, now I know how one of my planes feels when it crashes.
No actual plane involved , but if it wasn't for R/C planes, this would never have happened. That and I know how you guys love to laugh at other's misfortunes.
So for our airfield, I buy a trailer to be used as flight operations, knowing it has a leaky roof.
No big deal, since the weather is nasty, and I can't get to the roof repairs now, I'll tarp it and work on the insides.
Last night come home with a bunch of stuff I picked up, and rather then leave it outside, I decide to toss it in the trailer.
Note to self # 1 The trailer is really dark inside, no matter how bright it is outside, when it's tarped.
Note to self # 2 If you don't turn on the lights inside the trailer, see note # 1.
Note to self # 3 If you don't follow numbers 1 and 2 above you will not see all the crap you have laying on the floor.
Note to self # 4 Check your prior list of notes to self and you would remember the bungee cord stretched across the aisle.
Note to self # 5 Skip all of the above and it will get ugly.
So, in a hurry, figure I'll just run the stuff into the trailer. In darkness, and forgetting about the bungee cord, I trip.
Both hands full, I manage to take one stumbling step. Well all that does is propel me even faster to doom.
Since both hands were full, there was no slowing down of accelleration, nor any cushioning affect about to happen.
I nail the corner of one of the benches, it minus the cushion of course. Right dead square on my left nipple.
Body rebounds slightly.....just enough so I slide to the floor, but impacted part of body tries to hold on to the corner.
Body wins the fight over nipple, causing it to drag itself across the pressed board constructed bench.
At same time impact knocks the breath out of me. So there I am, laying on the floor, trying to decide whether I should breathe, to get the wind back, knowing from the screaming pain that it's going to hurt even worse, or try and hold on without breathing until some of the pain goes away. You'd be amazed how long you can go without breathing if you want to.
This morning I have a lovely V shaped incision oh about 4 inches or so long, disecting my left nipple, my ribs hurt like all get out and my coughing or sneezing isn't helping matters.
So there you go, a plane caused crash, and how your bird must feel when it goes in.

Grasshopper
04-20-2007, 04:42 PM
OUCH!!!! I hurt just reading that! The difference is...Balsa feels no pain. Only the pilot feels it.

Sorry to hear about that Brad. Hope you heal soon.

Tom

Glacier Girl
04-20-2007, 07:28 PM
You know Tom, the bad part is now it's funny.
Ohhh gotta stop laughing.

Told wifey about it and she was laughing so hard I thought she was going to wet herself.

Bundy_90
04-20-2007, 07:39 PM
Pictures please? :P

Glacier Girl
04-23-2007, 12:15 PM
sorry it's a family forum, nudity prohibited.:eek:

Twizter68
04-23-2007, 12:29 PM
Bisected nipple.....Dude, I can't even imagine that kind of pain......:eek:

Bundy_90
04-23-2007, 03:48 PM
Then pm me the picture, i wanna see!

Frodo
04-24-2007, 12:39 AM
OOOOOOWWWW!!! My nipple hurts just reading this!:(

Major Danger
04-27-2007, 01:09 AM
I'm sorry to say "thar taint nuttin funny bout dat" and I haven't heard one person here make mention of it being funny. Just glad you didn't break some serious ribs.

Now...........it could have been funny had you tripped over the bungee chord with a cup of coffee in your hand, thus crashing into a "padded sofa" while the coffee goes flying into a box full of damaged and ready to be sent for recycleing lipo batteries. Just as you get 20 yards from the trailer you hear a spectacular boom and turn to notice the windows blowing out of the trailer followed by and incredible bon-fire. Nobody calls the fire dept because........ well what the hell are they gonna do but ruin a good fire.

Now that would be funny................kinda:rolleyes:

constantCrash
04-27-2007, 02:25 AM
Major Danger,

That story sounds spectacularly close to what happened to one of my snowmobiles a few winters ago. Fireman came and did nothing but attempt to ruin a great bonfire.

Major Danger
04-27-2007, 02:44 AM
Ah yes.......... there's nothing like an evening by a blazing fire of fiberglass, rubber hoses, plastics and foam cushions while in the company of close friends and loved ones waiting for the fire dept to come ruin the moment.

Balil
05-05-2007, 11:43 PM
i broke a finger from tripping on a gopher hole while walking out to the flight line. its amazing that a person can fly the pain of a broke finger and go to the er only after you drain all of your flight packs :D

xuzme720
05-06-2007, 01:41 AM
i broke a finger from tripping on a gopher hole while walking out to the flight line. its amazing that a person can fly the pain of a broke finger and go to the er only after you drain all of your flight packs :D
yes...but that's only a finger. wasn't like it was a nipple, or...I'm afraid to even type it....a THUMB!::o

Balil
05-06-2007, 03:05 AM
all of the damage done to my nipples i paid good money for..... and its difficult to hold the stick with a broke index finger when you crab claw the sticks.

xuzme720
05-06-2007, 03:31 AM
all of the damage done to my nipples i paid good money for.....
ok...I don't wanna know....

and its difficult to hold the stick with a broke index finger when you crab claw the sticks.

you win, it's serious!:ws: