PDA

View Full Version : Profile SU-37 park acrobatics

Kai_Shiden
04-22-2007, 06:15 AM
This is just a little vid at the park of my depron profile SU-37 with propwash thrust vectoring (I consider it 2.5 axis right now, future versions should have 3 axis if my coanda effect boosted rudder idea works :rolleyes:)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hmrDsEF5RyU
If that version doesn't work, I have it posted for download at RCG: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=675400

-Kai

Kosh
04-22-2007, 05:41 PM
You always have the most challaging stuff to try and capture. Very nice work on the edit job because I simply lost the plane more times than I can count. Next time we face the other way from what little sun we had. :)

Kai_Shiden
04-22-2007, 08:48 PM
No worries Kosh,

I know that all of my aircraft are quite hard to follow (doesn't help that I really throw my aircraft around the sky :D). I haven't owned anything that fly's "scale like" except the 4 blade Maxir, which is hard to follow on it's own right (because I haven't mastered unstabilized flybarless, and that I currently fly it without a canopy :p).

I didn't even think about that we were facing the side where everything was backlit by the sun behind the clouds, and how it would adversely affect the camera's auto white balance.

There is an additional thing that will help you out with my camera (and Susan's), but I didn't mention it because I wanted to make sure not to overload you with the camera controls.

The viewfinder display is a fraction of a second behind the video being shot, so I video with both eyes open and the camera held rigidly aligned to my face, I track purely with my left eye, head, and upper body, I only use my right eye to monitor and adjust zoom level (and to zoom back when the camera loses focus). I found that when I only used the viewfinder it was nearly impossible to keep the subject in view (learned this while video'ing Mini-Dub's Trex doing hard 3D :p).

-Kai

P.S. My next SU will have some color on it, which will also help to tell what direction I can go :o.