PDA

View Full Version : Pictures

Murocflyer
04-28-2007, 05:49 AM
Is it me, or has anyone noticed that the pictures posted as attachments to not look as clear as they used to since getting this new picture format?

Frank

max2112
04-28-2007, 08:50 AM
Is it me, or has anyone noticed that the pictures posted as attachments to not look as clear as they used to since getting this new picture format?

Frank

You're not the only one Frank. I noticed it as well. Maybe this new way frees up resources on the WattFlyer server that can be used elsewhere.

My $.02, I liked the old way better.

John

Murocflyer
04-28-2007, 09:18 AM
You're not the only one Frank. I noticed it as well. Maybe this new way frees up resources on the WattFlyer server that can be used elsewhere.

My $.02, I liked the old way better.

John

Glad I'm not the only one John. Thanks for the feedback. I'm not certain why it is, maybe it's shrinking them down to much?

Frank

aviatordave
04-29-2007, 02:59 PM
I thought so too. It doesnt pay to try to take a nice photo for the AP forum when it gets a bit distorted. We can upload the pics to photobucket.com and insert the url into IMG tags, but that beats up on the dial up guys and there are still alot of them out there. Its kind of a lose-lose situation

Mike Parsons
04-30-2007, 07:31 PM
Are we talking about the new J-slide format or those posted in the gallery?

Murocflyer
04-30-2007, 07:48 PM
Mike,

The new J-slide photos. Sorry to sound like I'm whining. I know you guys have gone through a lot of work to get us to this point.

Just an observation though.

Frank

Mike Parsons
04-30-2007, 08:01 PM
Ill research it. I just uploaded all the SEFF photos and thought they retained quite a bit of their quality. Of course they started off as 8mb files, so reducing them doesnt loose much of their aspect.

Grasshopper
04-30-2007, 08:13 PM
Mike,

I realize there is an auto resize feature but is there a limit to the maximum file size that can be posted before resizing? Most of my pictures are 3 mb and up and I usually resize them. Lately, they do seem sind of grainy when the original is nice and sharp.

max2112
04-30-2007, 08:17 PM
Mike,
Thanks for taking the time to look.

It may be all "psycho-Schematic". ;)

Mike Parsons
04-30-2007, 08:18 PM
Tom,
I am sure there is a cap, but off the cuff, I dont know what it is. I use Picassa to resize my photos prior to uploading even though the auto resize is in place. Old habits are hard to break.

Ill get you an answer on the cap as well.

Grasshopper
04-30-2007, 08:20 PM
Thanks for the quick reply Mike,

I was just curious more than anything. It's no big deal. I'll try a couple this evening without resizing and see what happens. It appears there is no auto resize when uploading to the gallery. Is this correct?

Thanks again.

admin
04-30-2007, 08:40 PM
we didn't change the resize at all actually. the images being pulled are same as before. the lightbox effect resizes on the fly from the original to your browser size so it frames nice.

if the original image is larger than your browser size though an expand icon appears bottom right of the image. just click it to see the original size. remember we resize now and always have (no changes) to a maximum size so you don't have 8MB downloads 10x the size of the largest screen available :)