PDA

View Full Version : Komodo

tashley
10-19-2005, 03:36 AM
Anyone building Komodos?

Bob_CO
10-19-2005, 04:53 PM
Never done one of his but they look nice.

I'm sold on the StrongRCMotors.com stuff though.

timocharis
10-19-2005, 07:25 PM
I've built three singles. Probably your best bet for the first run is a 13-turn, which is trivial. Anybody could get it right.

The kit is very complete and probably the easiest I've done. The motor runs very strong -- you'll probably be surprised. The 13-turn is solid either 2s or 3s. Total weight will be under 1.5 oz. Consider using a slofly motor mount; they're great.

In other words, it's the motor kit bargain of all time. I've flown them on shockies, sloflys, a Split ... actually just about anything I can stick it on. It's best in the 7-9 oz plane range for 3d, easily good to almost twice that for pooching around and standard aerobatics.

I got mine from slofly.com -- but he's out of everything but the doubles (much more crank, a bit more weight, but not my favorite mounting system).

Orders direct from komodo generally get here surprisingly fast.

Dave North

tashley
10-19-2005, 09:08 PM
Thanks Dave, I may just have to try one, they look so good. I have several winds under my belt but for me at least, once you start "windin" you just can't stop.

timocharis
10-20-2005, 01:14 AM
Welcome, Tom.

I know what you mean. I still like my N50 14 & 17 turn CDROM motors the best. Not for power -- there are others that are better in that regard. But they're so quiet.

The Komodo is on the quiet end, but it does have some of the high-frequency whine.

Dave

zoomzoooie
10-30-2005, 08:10 PM
Tashley,
I am new to electics and choose to build a Komodo motor. They are very nice and pretty easy to build. I built the KH278 N50 with 16 turns and it's a power house on a 3s pack turning a 1047 slofly prop. They are also very light for the power they have. Haven't tried the KH273 yet with double stator for more torgue. Get the advanced kits with the real bearings tho.
I will be buying more Komodos for my fleet.
Check out the threads on RC Groups on them.

ZZ

Da V.
12-04-2005, 07:53 PM
Hello to all,

Here is the Komodo KH-278 V.2 motor constant

Da V.
Komodo Hobby
www.komodohobby.com (http://www.komodohobby.com)

http://static.rcgroups.com/gallery/data/500/58006KH-278_V_2_Motor_Constant.jpg