PDA

View Full Version : Stryker & P-51 Mustang For Sale On Ebay

Crash N Burn
05-01-2007, 02:19 AM
SOLD MUSTANG............ STRYKER STILL AVAILABLE, 100.00 + SHIPPING BUYS IT.

http://cgi.ebay.com/PARK-ZONE-STRYKER-F-27B-ELECTRIC-READY-TO-FLY-RC-PLANE_W0QQitemZ320108788329QQihZ011QQcategoryZ2563 QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Spencer J
05-03-2007, 05:20 AM
I don't think very many people are going to buy your stuff with no pictures of the P-51 and a bidding price of $99.99 :)

Gohmer
05-06-2007, 05:56 PM
I don't think very many people are going to buy your stuff with no pictures of the P-51 and a bidding price of $99.99 :)

What a shame. Are you going to rate the for sale section posts for us from now on? That will really get that sig line reminder on every page. Might not make you very popular with the people that you don't approve of.

Spencer J
05-06-2007, 06:01 PM
Nope sorry, not posting here because of the sig. I'm just saying I probally would not buy a plane without pictures. Would you buy a new car from a car forum without any pictures? Also, you can get those same items new for less :) :)

EDIT: I see he got pictures up after all. Great!

Gohmer
05-06-2007, 06:33 PM
Nope sorry, not posting here because of the sig. I'm just saying I probally would not buy a plane without pictures. Would you buy a new car from a car forum without any pictures? Also, you can get those same items new for less :) :)

OK, Spencer

Thanks for clearing that up. You are acting as a concerned and informed member of the community, not a suitcase dealer spamming us for business. Are you going to rate all of the marketplace section adds for us, or just call out the ones you don't agree with?

Saucerguy2
05-07-2007, 01:13 AM
Gohmer, be sure to post an ad at RCU as well, they get alot more traffic in that area and I was successful with selling a few receivers I mis-ordered from http://unitedhobbies.com.

I did so at a discount since I just wanted to get rid of them, not make a business off of buying stuff from United Hobbies and making some outragous markup by trying to sell them from my web site and using someone elses forums to market it from..........

Gohmer
05-07-2007, 09:03 PM
Also, you can get those same items new for less :) :)

Not that I doubt your word, but I'm curious. Where can I get the same items new for less please? Links?

Spencer J
05-20-2007, 06:47 AM
I see you lowered the price and put in more pictures.....and look at those 6 bids! ;) Good job. Don't forget eBay takes 10% of the final price.....

Saucerguy2
05-20-2007, 02:48 PM
Do listing and paypal fees apply to what this costs to sell at - 10%? Also, are you sure ebay charges the same fee flat rate no matter what you are selling and which category and how you list it?

I'm still waiting on you to tell us of a place that sells them at the price he's selling his for.

Crash N Burn
05-20-2007, 03:53 PM
The P-51 was sold. Stryker still available with bids.

Grasshopper
05-20-2007, 03:58 PM
Just some info, Ebay charges a listing price and then a percentage of the final selling price. The percentage changes depending on the value. Pay-Pal's fees are on top of that. The E-bay fees only apply to the seller.

Spencer J
05-20-2007, 05:41 PM
Do listing and paypal fees apply to what this costs to sell at - 10%? Also, are you sure ebay charges the same fee flat rate no matter what you are selling and which category and how you list it?

I'm still waiting on you to tell us of a place that sells them at the price he's selling his for.

There is the fee to put it in, and then a fee at the final sale. The final sale is normally 10% if it is above 20 bucks or something.....the first fee has a rate table that goes from $0.20-$2.40 for most products. Then there are PayPal fees, but those are normally low.

Gohmer
05-20-2007, 06:09 PM
There is the fee to put it in, and then a fee at the final sale. The final sale is normally 10% if it is above 20 bucks or something.....the first fee has a rate table that goes from $0.20-$2.40 for most products. Then there are PayPal fees, but those are normally low.

How much does ebay charge if someone sabotages your auction and you donít get any bids? Ten percent of zero?

Saucerguy2
05-21-2007, 12:01 AM
That's a very good question Gohmer, I wonder just how many people saw this thread and opted not to check out the ebay listing because of what was said against the seller in the first place. It's just not right in my book, the guy is selling what looks to me to be a couple of planes that are in awsome shape and he's doing it not only at a discount, he's paying ebay fees on top of that.

If I still bought RTF's, I'd go for it, it's a good deal, "trying to desabotoge this listing"....

I was being sarcastic, I have a very nice little side business using ebay selling non rc related items, I'm fully aware of the fees and structure and it's changes over the years. Ebay doesn't charge 10% flat rate, it all depends upon the category/item and how you list it, it can vary dramatically and I put into the equasion from the point of acquiring raw supplies to the final product being delivered to the buyers door step and everything in between.

When I list something on ebay, I'll make an html page and hotlink the images and links to one of my own URL's as the description, this eliminates having to use any of the extra's ebay charges for and allows me to format it in a manner I prefer. I'm a seasoned webmaster so stuff like that is cake to me.

I still have to reinterate, RCU's buy and sell program does work and there are no fees unless you are a commercial seller, the same with the WF program, I only suggested the RCU one because they get more traffic and I highly reccomend trying them first and use ebay as your last resort due to the fees incurred.

Spencer J
06-02-2007, 05:56 PM
How much does ebay charge if someone sabotages your auction and you don’t get any bids? Ten percent of zero?

If you get no bids, then eBay only takes the setup charge. You can relist it, and if it sells the second time eBay refunds your second setup charge + charges your normal ending fees.

There was a guy who sold tickets to a baseball game not too long ago, and a drunk guy bidding went up to 15k on them. By the time the auction ended, that baseball team just lost a earlier game and didn't make it to the round the tickets were made for. eBay gave the drunken bidder a break and didn't make him pay (Even though dead-beat bidders do this all the time with smaller items, believe me...) even though he signed a legal contract stating he would pay for the item(s). eBay banned him from any more auctions for life(Buying or selling), and possibly put this on his credit history :eek:

gditeam
06-26-2007, 06:44 AM
I wish I would have seen the stryker for sale, more then happy to buy it......