PDA

View Full Version : My Antenna!

Krazy Pilot
05-05-2007, 07:55 PM
Hey! I was flying my wattage rookie microflyer in a park. I have taped on a buncha junk (like glue) but one time, the battery was running out and I couldn't fly it back to myself... so I set it down about 50 feet away. Two little mons-kids started over to my plane. I screamed "PLEASE DON'T TUCH IT! DON'T TUCH IT!" but wouldn't you know it, they grabbed it by the antenna wire and held my precious plane dangling there by the fragile antenna wire. And then well, the antenna wire broke off the plane. I told the little kids they owed me a new plane (I live in a rich neighborhood) but they were really bratty. One of the kids said "It's mine because I found it." Can I blame poor parenting? Ok but my question is how long is the antenna wire for the rookie? I have some wire and I want to attach it to the rookie.

Sparky Paul
05-05-2007, 08:07 PM
39 inches is normal for 72 Mhz.
It's always best to check with the manufacturer for these technical questions.

Krazy Pilot
05-05-2007, 08:29 PM
Mine is 27 mghz. :{

xuzme720
05-06-2007, 04:13 AM
Mine is 27 mghz. :{

ok you should be able to just invert it then...let's see, 72 Mhz is 39 inches so 27 Mhz is...

93?! that can't be right!::o

ps, sorry, I just couldn't resist!:Q I know...it's still no help.

rx20040
05-11-2007, 10:57 PM
Hey! I was flying my wattage rookie microflyer in a park. I have taped on a buncha junk (like glue) but one time, the battery was running out and I couldn't fly it back to myself... so I set it down about 50 feet away. Two little mons-kids started over to my plane. I screamed "PLEASE DON'T TUCH IT! DON'T TUCH IT!" but wouldn't you know it, they grabbed it by the antenna wire and held my precious plane dangling there by the fragile antenna wire. And then well, the antenna wire broke off the plane. I told the little kids they owed me a new plane (I live in a rich neighborhood) but they were really bratty. One of the kids said "It's mine because I found it." Can I blame poor parenting? Ok but my question is how long is the antenna wire for the rookie? I have some wire and I want to attach it to the rookie.

I agree that you should check with the manufacturer, but my numbers come out to about a 27.06 or 54.12 inch antenna for 27MHz. I think this is right for a 1/16th or 1/8th size antenna respectivally (However if you wanted optimum signal strength, you would want a 429 inch antenna which qould be quite cumbersome::o). My formula came out to 39 inches at 72MHz (that would be a 1/4 size antenna) and 1/2inch at 2.4GHz, so I THINK that my calculaitons are OK.