PDA

View Full Version : Need Advice-CX2 brushless motor upgrade

phupper
05-06-2007, 04:28 PM
Hi,
I want to upgrade the motors on my Blade CX2. It uses 180 motors. I saw a Park 180 "outrunner" brushless online, but it doesn't look like my motors. Is "outrunner" a differrent type of motor? Will these motors fit in a CX2? If not, what's a good brushless upgrade for this model?

Thanks!

Frodo
05-06-2007, 05:46 PM
Without out an extensive rebuild of youe CX2 you cannot use brushless motors. You would need to install a new esc and I don't believe the 4in1 controller can handle brushless. I have seen one person do it but it takes a lot of work.

Rabbitcreekok
05-07-2007, 06:43 AM
An outrunner motor would be very difficult if not impossible to install. The can motors in the CX2 are probably relatively cheap to replace if they wear out.

HdRyder
05-03-2009, 06:46 AM
hi,

Can anyone tell me what the 10c 15c 25c stands for on the lipos
I do know the price goes up with the # .

thanxs

Heli Jim
05-03-2009, 02:54 PM
Without getting too technical, the "C" is the capacity of the pack.

The 10C rating means that you can draw 10 times the capacity as a maximun
discharge rate. so....800 mAh pack at 10 c would equal a 8 Amp draw.

higher C rating, higher discharge rate, more power to the motor.

HeliG
05-03-2009, 06:14 PM
hi,

Can anyone tell me what the 10c 15c 25c stands for on the lipos
I do know the price goes up with the # .

thanxs

HdRyder, that was a total thread hijack. You can certainly start a new thread about C ratings but if you search the website, you will find lots of threads about it already. Welcome to the site and I hope we can help. If you are looking at new batteries, check out www.hobbycity.com (http://www.hobbycity.com) as they have great deals. You will want to buy a couple at a time to save on the shipping but all reports state that thier batteries are excellent (and much cheaper!). Again, welcome here.

SlickZERO
05-24-2009, 02:18 PM
There is a company that is making a brushless conversion for 180 size coaxial helicopters. Includes 2 brushless motors and controllers. It is a complete conversion kit using the original 4-in-1.

We are looking at adding them to our lineup. We will be testing a sample in the next week or two. They would sell for about $89.95.

AK3E
09-29-2009, 01:28 AM
Did the brushless conversion motors work out?

phupper
09-29-2009, 05:16 AM
What a total noob I was when I posted that!:silly:
I was just looking to upgrade my motors and didn't know what "brushless" was. I ended up buying the SlickZero brushed motor upgrade.
Now I'm cool.:cool:

Phil