PDA

View Full Version : Cub broke a wing

aircruiser
05-19-2007, 07:42 PM
Well the other day I was flying for the first time in about a month and it was about 10mph winds on the ground and I still went up. Well got 1 7 cell through it and on the second I was about 10 minutes into the run and went into a dive from about 100ft and half way down the motor died. I pulled up near the ground and when I let off the elevator to level out the plane it stuck. The elevator stayed full up and the plane stalled and headed for the ground again. It actually pulled out some more and ended up landing on the wheels and bounced a little bit but the wing broke. :<

I had actually been flying before with only one strut and the wing had cracks near the center from stress so this was all it took to break it.

My dad's antenna pulled out of the reciever before he went up so he didnt get to fly.

Went home with two un-working planes.

http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m310/aircruiser226/stangnpat043.jpg

constantCrash
05-20-2007, 12:08 AM
1 part elmers school glue, 2 parts gorilla glue, and a stick of balsa and she'll be back in the air.

Tinman
05-20-2007, 12:37 AM
Yep I've busted my wing completely in half several times. (a flag pole keeps getting in the way)

Put some Gorilla glue on it and then wrap it in packing tape. Will be good as new!

na10tbolt
05-20-2007, 03:36 AM
My local hobby store also sells extra wings for this plane (Hobby Town USA). But I guess I'm just rich and lazy like that. :Q

This is interesting that I found this thread because I was planning on using a blank Cub wing for the wing on the foam Heinkel Salemander me an my dad are making.

Sorry though about two non-working Cubs. :{

aircruiser
05-20-2007, 04:14 AM
Yeah well they should be back up soon enough!

actually itll be a little foam safe CA and then packaging tape and she'll be flying again! :D