PDA

View Full Version : Carbon Fiber Repair in SF Bay Area?

xcpilot
05-20-2007, 11:01 PM
Hi guys, this is just a bit off-topic but I'm not sure where else to go, and I'm SURE someone on the crash forum might know...if anyone would: Anybody know a decent carbon fibre repair person or shop in the SF Bay area? I have a rather large CF wing with a hole in the leading edge. It's all sanded and prepped properly now, but it's large enough that the fabric/resin application needs to be done by someone with some skill. I have all the layup info from the mfgr, and while I'm handy with tools, I haven't the fabrics, resins, or experience with those resins to do this one. Hoping to hire someone (and maybe even look over their shoulder). Any referrals would be appreciated.

Again, I apologize for not having amazing crash stories or photos to offer. There's no good story on this one--just a crack that appeared and had to be sanded way out to a large hole. I promise to be more spectacular next time....

kartracer
08-02-2007, 03:20 PM
Hi piolot
I just got into helis and know people with planes,
But i have some knowledge of fiberglass and carbon fiber. Fiberglass is a musch cheaper and easier fix then carbon fiber woul be and once the resin cures on carbon fiber I dont think that is possible for you to add layers on top of it .
NOt an expert opinion , but still an opinion