PDA

View Full Version : Help with Castle Creations ESC - 85HV

bert269
05-26-2007, 05:51 AM
Hi

I am having problems to get my CC 85HV ESC to initialize. When I connect power to the ESC, it makes sounds for the amount of cells (9s) and the light blinks 9 times...but does not stop blinking after that and I do not hear the final initialization tune.

I have tried a different CC ESC (60amp), and this works fine. It "counts" the cells and it gives the initialize tune.

The 'suspect' 85HV behaves the same as if it is not connected to the RX at all, ie. when I disconnect it from the RX and apply power, it behaves the same - only "counts the cells", no init tune.

The rest of my servos are working fine. This is an ESC without a BEC, so I am using an external UBEC to power the servos/RX from the lipos.

Could I have a faulty ESC?

Programming with Castle Creations Link....
When I connect the ESC to the Castle Creations link and then to an external battery source - the USB light on the software window turns from green, back to red (as if there is no link connected to the USB)

Joe Ford
05-29-2007, 10:39 PM
It's going to have to come back to us. Send it in with a copy of the service request form located here. http://www.castlecreations.com/support.html