PDA

View Full Version : Am I crazy? R.O.W. 3D...

Elfwreck
10-25-2005, 05:34 AM
Hey now,
It's getting harder to find a good landing strip near my home so I'm looking into adding floats to my Mini Funtana.
I have a little row experience, a HVK Albatross seaplane. But I've never done floats. How big should they be, where does the "step" go, how light can I make them, and can I steer with just an air rudder?
The MF in qurstion is nicely over powered and flys well, but I don't want to weigh it down too much.
Any help would be apreciated, including don't bother with this model try it with another...
Yeah, I know, I'm only asking the impossible.
RobII

Don Sims
10-25-2005, 11:15 AM
Why not design your own foamie that uses it's fuse as a floating surface? Perhaps a triangle fuse with the wide side down?

Elfwreck
10-25-2005, 05:22 PM
Hey now,
Um, 'cause that's at a tangent to what I want?
I have a nifty seaplane, a HVP Albatross, it flys nicely for a scale model.
I'm also playing with (and this one's wierd) a canard, biplane, twin ducted fan, seaplane. :eek: Yeah, I know, but I wanted to see just how many oddball things I could incorperate in one model to out do my flying buddies odd ball efforts.
I don't want a foamie seaplane, I want to set the Mini Funtana on floats, I want to bother both the 3d guys and the waterplane guys:D
RobII