PDA

View Full Version : Walkera 22E

Chad
06-10-2007, 02:15 PM
Hi guys...
I was looking at www.unitedhobbies.com (http://www.unitedhobbies.com) and looked at their 'vast' selection of helicopters.
The Walkera 22E caught my eye as this was a very cheap heli.
Does anyone have any experience with this heli?
I'm only concidering buying it as it is quite cheap!

thanks in advance :Q

vortex05
06-13-2007, 07:30 PM
I don't personally own that heli but I've not been seeing good things about it on the forums.

brnyrbbl
06-13-2007, 07:47 PM
It's not a bad heli, but the electronics are sub par. If you don't mind upgrading the TX/RX and servo's then it's supposedly pretty decent. My brother has one and he said the same thing about their electronics. Also, the tail motor dies pretty quick so you'll be replacing it about every 10-20 flights.

vortex05
06-14-2007, 05:19 AM
Isn't that the same with eflite (tail motor dies) hence the large motivation for dual tails?

brnyrbbl
06-14-2007, 05:33 AM
Yes it's true. Not much difference in ANY of the motor driven tail rotor setups. The motor are so small and turn such high rpm's to keep the tail stable that they just burn up the brushes in no time. If you can afford the upgrade. it's best to go with the belt driven tail as it's the most dependable but it costs about $100 for the kit. Kind of hard to justify that amount of $$ for a heli that costs 200 or less to begin with but if you like the heli I guess it would be worth it.