PDA

View Full Version : my dads stryker in a tree

aircruiser
06-17-2007, 07:48 AM
first time this has happened to us besides my aero ace a couple times, but today I told my dad to come in low for a flyby so I could get it on film. He did but as he went to pull up a crosswind pushed him left towards the trees.

Well, he knicked the first one and got stuck in the second.

here it is

http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m310/aircruiser226/projectssavyplanes129.jpg

video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EEoa6IUotBk

once he flew off to the side I just watched and forgot I was recording and didnt film the crash..

Airhead
06-17-2007, 07:57 AM
Hey Aircruiser,
Saw your video of the incident..... Sorry about your dad's stryker..:{ Good thing you guys had those lights eh. Hope you get it down soon..

aircruiser
06-17-2007, 05:47 PM
haha..well yesterday after it happened I got on my hands and knees and he stepped on my back and climbed on up and got it down. His shoes started to slip off my back as he climbed up so today it kinda hurts but atleast we got it back!

Airhead
06-17-2007, 05:50 PM
Wow, You two are a good team....:ws: Glad you got your plane back.. Now get out some bandaids for your back...;-)

CHELLIE
06-17-2007, 07:21 PM
Kewl. you got your plane back, but i must admit, the blinking lights in the tree sure looked nice :) Take Care, Chellie

Rabbitcreekok
06-18-2007, 03:49 AM
haha..well yesterday after it happened I got on my hands and knees and he stepped on my back and climbed on up and got it down. His shoes started to slip off my back as he climbed up so today it kinda hurts but atleast we got it back!

You know there is this wonderful invention made of two parallel beams with multiple cross beams between them about 12 to 16 inches apart. Some of them fold and some of them are just straight.

If you go to Lowe's for example, and ask for.....................................ladders, they will help you save your back from footprints.:tc:

aircruiser
06-18-2007, 04:31 AM
haha..yeah, but the strykers take up the trunk and back seat so there isnt much room for a ladder!

and my back will be fine, just a big scrape and a bruise but its all good :)

yossarian
08-14-2007, 09:29 AM
Tent poles young man, tent poles. :D

aircruiser
08-18-2007, 11:53 PM
i carry an umbrella in my car and that actually has gotten my aero ace down a couple time so that works! :D