PDA

View Full Version : Outrunner help

kc10boom
10-29-2005, 05:52 AM
I have a Himaxx outrunner 2808-980. It came on a stick mount and today I switched it to a foward firewall mount. I pushed the shaft through to the other side and tighted on the collar. What holds the motor together? I am able to pull it about after overcoming the pull of the motor magnets. Is this the way it is supposed to be or did I put it together wrong?
:confused: :(

Matt Kirsch
10-29-2005, 08:03 AM
I would imagine that you put the motor together incorrectly. How, I'm not sure because I haven't seen a Himaxx up close.

So you're able to pull it apart exactly how? The shaft and bell come off as one piece? Yeah... No way it'll stay together with a prop on it.

If the "forward firewall" mount is what I think it is, and the prop is mounted on the rotating can side of the motor, the collar should go on the opposite end of the motor to keep the shaft from pulling out of the fixed end of the motor.

Azarr
10-29-2005, 12:32 PM
I have a Himaxx outrunner 2808-980. It came on a stick mount and today I switched it to a foward firewall mount. I pushed the shaft through to the other side and tighted on the collar. What holds the motor together? I am able to pull it about after overcoming the pull of the motor magnets. Is this the way it is supposed to be or did I put it together wrong?
:confused: :(

Depends on which version you have. If the shaft has a cut for a circlip at the very end, you insert the circlip you removed onto the end and install, or, if it doesn't have a cut for the circlip on the end of the shaft, there should have been a wheel collar included in your accessory package, use that instead. In that case you just push the shaft through and leave enough at the rear to use the wheel collar.

Azarr
www.ecubedrc.com (http://www.ecubedrc.com)

kc10boom
10-29-2005, 03:53 PM
Matt, yes I can grab the prop and the rotating part of the motor can be pulled off leaving the hollow part of the motor with the wires behind. I thought this was strange. I guess I better go look for a c-clip or put the wheel collar on the other side of the motor. It did not look like I could get the wheel collar on the other side with the firewall mount.