PDA

View Full Version : Little Annoying Birds

ih8nixon
06-23-2007, 04:02 AM
I was flying my f-27c,with my friend this afternoon behind a church that has a large field with lots of high weeds (5-6 ft). I was minding my own business when one of those little annoying birds violated my airspace. Needlessly to say I was inclined to engage and chase the intruder. I came down and in from about 50 ft up to 10-15 ft and went wot. As I came in to close range the little bugger pulled a hard right. I'm not sure whether it was me overturning or a wind gust, but some how I ended up inverted 2ft above the tall weeds I cut the throttle and braced for impact. Figuring that I had probably just slammed into the ground I was only expecting to pick up the little pieces of plane and glue them back together. This however was not the case as I began to claw my way through the brush I found a nice little swamp and in the middle was my plane. So I stripped to my boxers and waded my way into the swamp. The nearer I got to my plane the more the smell of the air turned from that of stagnant water to burnt electronics. Upon returning from the swamp I was greeted to the realization that there were two of the passengers that did not survive. My esc was burned and half melted and my rx was split open and smelt just as burnt.

In the first picture the place where the esc used to reside is now a burn mark.

The second picture is a close up of where the wires for the motor used to come out of the esc.

The third is two of the wires from the esc carrying burned chunks of pcb as well as a chunk of pcb that fell out of the esc

The fourth picture is of the wreckage after it was pulled of of the swap

On the brighter side this is a good excuse to go to the LHS tomorrow and buy a DX-6 since the rx already puts me in the hole anyways.

Balil
06-23-2007, 04:16 AM
she's very fixable! new esc, rx, and battery because i know it shorted when it hit the water.

Rabbitcreekok
06-23-2007, 04:19 AM
I guess you would call that a crash and burn, right.

Next time, maybe it will go into clear water and won't short out.

Sorry about the Stryker, guess that is a Stryke Out.

Also sorry about the horrible humor.:tc::tc:

I guess Nixon probably pushed the Stryker into the swamp, that's why you hate him.

Sorry again, got carried away.:< I'll go now and rest.:tc:

ih8nixon
06-23-2007, 04:52 AM
yep the battery reads an amazing 0.0 volts

Actually that was a bad reading its actually at 11.45 volts and no puffing it's just a little wet I will give it a couple of days to dry out before I try to charge it

Balil
06-23-2007, 05:03 AM
hopefully you've got a good balancing charger just incase.