PDA

View Full Version : RC Plane Build and Repair Service.

Saucerguy2
06-23-2007, 03:11 PM
I've opted to offer this service publicly entirely due to the fact, I just love building planes and have all my life and it would be cool to do this for others. The idea here is if you have a kit or ARF you need complete and aren't into building yourself, or find it too intimidating, I'll be able to accomodate. If your current bird is too much for you to rebuild, I can do that as well, I see too many that are very easy to repair, yet people tossing them away.

Keep in the context, if you are looking for a cheaper or better way of getting around the traditional Chinese made ARF's with one particular model, I may not be able to surpass them, but I'll do my best and who knows, I may indeed do it, but that is not what this service is being offered for currently.

Fee's and Terms are negotiable and upon a case by case basis, especially with scratch builds of which I love to do from time to time in house regardless.

I have a business license classified as a manufacturer and references in that field and a dedicated shop for it as well, so have facilities specifically for that purpose alone. I'm still building planes using the same tools most of us have on hand, but that may change if this service turns out to be popular for me and may indeed go much more mainstream with it all from there to offer even more services such as lazer and cnc type construction/kitting.

max2112
06-23-2007, 03:56 PM
SaucerGuy,
That's a pretty neat idea. I bet you will get enough business to keep you busy! Do you have an idea of a price range?
For example, If I bought shipped this kit to you with all of the hardware, motor, ESC, servos, and RCVR - how much do you think that might cost?

Bird Dog (http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXKAR5)

I am asking just to give the other board members an idea of pricing.
Good luck,
John

Saucerguy2
06-23-2007, 04:36 PM
Ok, the tissue is not going to be part of it, I'm thinking solite for this one, ultracoat for most projects though, it's a weak airframe so can't handle much tension, If you want tissue, it's going to cost more due to the pain in the butt factor and you are just die hard about insisting upon using it, but will leave the latter out of the quote, yet not throw it out of the picture since I grew up using that stuff on planes.

Day one, if it's actually a correct kit, they put precision into the the lazer cuts, bones are done and covering is 1/2 applied. Day two, it's covered, the gear is in and testing and it's ready to package up given I have everything necessary on hand with what you sent, I'd charge 100.00 flat rate if you want to just put me on the spot, on the fly like this. The costs can go down and the time frame can expanded given I'm in new ground here if you want to work with me, but this is a hypothetical request so am trying to convey more data here then I would normally just to show a general perspective about it all.

The bottom line, I gotta see the gear and kit in person and get input from others prior to give the best quote and having done one of that manufacturer in the past is going to give me the best route to quote from in this manner. In the end, I will take a loss on the charges, just give me some leniency on the time frame if it's not what it's advertized kit wise and I have to make up for the discrepencies.

With the current one, I'm looking at it knowing, it's above par or it wouldn't be there at that dealer, so don't consider it to be something that's going to pose any concern risk wise and would likely enjoy building it unabated for anybody especially since it's a lazer cut kit, which are really easier to handle then die cut. I'm staying conservative with these for now price wise and terms, it goes down the more I do from what's set up on the market since I'll have jigs specifically set up for construction of them on that particular model.

Now, if they only did the basics, and I'm doing alot of custom work to get it all done, ie. have to manually carve out stuff, that's adding alot more work and time into the equasion, so it's as stated before, a case by case scenereo, I've scratch built things that took less work then the kit equivelant in the past.

As of now, if you just sent it over, said, what is it going to cost to do this, I'd assess it, give you a flat rate, upon agreement, build it and ask for compensation after you inspected it first hand complete and are happy with it, then we'd take care of billing and move forward if you have other things you needed to be built. Detailed photo's of it all broken down also can help in this area quote wise before you ship. This is off of the top of my head folks, I just wanted to show a prompt response with the question, as I would with any potential client. I'll look more into that mfg. and be sure to chat with them in depth if there is a direct need with that particular one and do additional research as to their wares should the demand warrent it.

Brian

max2112
06-23-2007, 05:34 PM
Thanks for the answer Brian.
That sounds like a very fair way to do it.

It seems like we have enough folks on the board with hectic lifestyles that you should get some takers pretty soon.

CHELLIE
06-24-2007, 04:24 AM
That sounds like a great idea SaucerGuy, I think I might know of a person in need of your RC Building Services, I will PM you with the details, take care, Chellie

CHELLIE
06-24-2007, 06:27 AM
yes i was right :ws: :silly:;-) he will contact you shortly, Take care, chellie

Ps I may not always be Right, but I am Never wrong :Q

xuzme720
06-24-2007, 06:30 AM
yes i was right :ws: :silly:;-) he will contact you shortly, Take care, chellie

Ps I may not always be Right, but I am Never wrong :Q

I thought I was wrong once, but I was mistaken!:<
:Q

Balil
06-24-2007, 07:00 AM
WHY ARENT YOU PEOPLE IN THE CHAT?! im sitting in there all by my intoxicated lonesome with no one to talk to

Saucerguy2
06-24-2007, 12:12 PM
I don't mind the thread being a little silly, it's all good.

Thanks for your help Chellie, as per the live chat converstation and PM's, I can very much say to anybody that asks you are one smart cookie. !!!

xuzme720
06-24-2007, 06:40 PM
good answer SG! I personally love building. sometimes I think I'd rather be building than flying...well, almost! :D

CHELLIE
06-24-2007, 08:10 PM
Hi SaucerGuy :) I think you are going to be a very busy person here very soon building planes, I have seen your builds and they are all very very nice, just make sure to leave yourself some time for flying :ws: enjoy the rest of the weekend, Chellie

rcflyboy
11-22-2012, 07:20 PM
I've opted to offer this service publicly entirely due to the fact, I just love building planes and have all my life and it would be cool to do this for others. The idea here is if you have a kit or ARF you need complete and aren't into building yourself, or find it too intimidating, I'll be able to accomodate. If your current bird is too much for you to rebuild, I can do that as well, I see too many that are very easy to repair, yet people tossing them away.

Keep in the context, if you are looking for a cheaper or better way of getting around the traditional Chinese made ARF's with one particular model, I may not be able to surpass them, but I'll do my best and who knows, I may indeed do it, but that is not what this service is being offered for currently.

Fee's and Terms are negotiable and upon a case by case basis, especially with scratch builds of which I love to do from time to time in house regardless.

I have a business license classified as a manufacturer and references in that field and a dedicated shop for it as well, so have facilities specifically for that purpose alone. I'm still building planes using the same tools most of us have on hand, but that may change if this service turns out to be popular for me and may indeed go much more mainstream with it all from there to offer even more services such as lazer and cnc type construction/kitting.
where are you located?

FlyWheel
11-23-2012, 08:09 PM
SaucerGuy,
That's a pretty neat idea. I bet you will get enough business to keep you busy! Do you have an idea of a price range?
For example, If I bought shipped this kit to you with all of the hardware, motor, ESC, servos, and RCVR - how much do you think that might cost?

Bird Dog (http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXKAR5)

I am asking just to give the other board members an idea of pricing.
Good luck,
John

I have actually though of doing something like that myself, more than once in fact; I enjoy building so much more than flying. Unfortunately regardless of how much enthusiasm I put into building a plane, as soon as it successfully takes to the air I find my interest starts to wane almost immediately*.

I would say start with the price of the kit/materials and then add whatever you think your labor would be worth, depending on the difficult of the build and how complete you finish it. I would add shipping separate however, as a 30"WS parkie is going to cost you a hell of a lot less to ship than a 3M sailer.

*That of course assumes I don't have another ready to build...:rolleyes:

BroncoSquid
11-28-2012, 03:27 PM
where are you located?
Ummmm.... This thread is 5 YEARS old, saucer guy hasn't posted here seince 2008. Good chance you are not going to hear back.....sorry.:red:

Jasper
04-17-2013, 09:33 AM
Hey Saucerguy,
I have avery new Aeroworks Extra 300. .60-.90 size I need repaired. I have been doing my own repair and I am not very good at it.
If your services are still available I may be interested.
Thank you HD

gramps2361
04-17-2013, 11:45 AM
Hey Saucerguy,
I have avery new Aeroworks Extra 300. .60-.90 size I need repaired. I have been doing my own repair and I am not very good at it.
If your services are still available I may be interested.
Thank you HD

This is a old thread, and SG hasn't been on here for a long time.
Just keep repairing and asking for advice you will become great at the repairs.