PDA

View Full Version : TB-20 speed control problem

RFA
06-25-2007, 03:04 PM
I am having a problem with my TB-20 brushless motor and/ or speed control and or radio.

On it's third battery my TB-20 motor quit working. All the other channels seem to work fine but when throttle is applied the motor just twitches. I suppose it could be any of the three (motor, speed control or radio) but my moneys on the speed control.

Any ideas how I can test this theory out?

RFA

TRASHBUG
07-15-2007, 01:08 PM
I am having a problem with my TB-20 brushless motor and/ or speed control and or radio.

On it's third battery my TB-20 motor quit working. All the other channels seem to work fine but when throttle is applied the motor just twitches. I suppose it could be any of the three (motor, speed control or radio) but my moneys on the speed control.

Any ideas how I can test this theory out?

RFA
My money is on the motor. If you have a second speed control try it on this motor. If it's a smaller rated esc take the prop off first:roll:

If you don't have second esc disconnect the motor and try each combination of two wires (one set at a time please) using a flashlight battery for power. Each set of combinations should make the motor rotate one notch in one direction or the other. If one combination doesn't work the motor has a bad wind or wind connection.

ie. connect terminal 1+2, 1+3, 2+3

LOL