PDA

View Full Version : warm li-po need help

rmbler
10-30-2005, 01:51 AM
hi all hope someone can help understand this i just got a new 7.4 720 mAh oem li-po for my hirobo lama sr oem part my original battery same specks. can rum the heli and never gets worm the new one i just purchased seems to get a bit warm after running the heli for about 3 mins. or so the old one never gets or ever got warm even when i run it low nevr to low i know about the dangers of running the all the way down is this normal should it get warm its not hot just warm as the other doesn't get warm at all

thank you in advance

Phil

hoppy
10-30-2005, 03:41 AM
The maximum safe operating temperature that will give good cycle life for lipo's is 130F.

They should NOT get warm during charging however.

rmbler
10-30-2005, 04:07 AM
Thanks for the reply Hoppy it does feel just a bit warm so i could be about 130 degrees
any other input on this would be much appreciated. thing is it doesnt get warm during charging just after flying for a few mins. where as the original batt doesnt

regards,

Phil

hoppy
10-31-2005, 02:45 AM
130F is hot to the touch.....too hot to hold.
A 15 sec contact with a 133F surface will give you a 3rd degree burn.

rmbler
10-31-2005, 05:07 AM
thanks for the info Hoppy its not that warm at all so i guess its safe.

regards,
Phil

flypaper 2
10-31-2005, 08:30 PM
My two Lama batts. are barely warm after a run so you should be all right. My second batt. is a Kokam 640 ma. They both run about the same temp.

Bill G
11-01-2005, 03:58 AM
can rum the heli and never gets worm
Phil
That's because you have to tequilla the heli to get the worm, not rum.
(Sorry, couldn't pass that one up)

qban_flyer
11-01-2005, 05:24 AM

Bad boy, bad boy, bad boy! :p :p :p

rmbler
11-02-2005, 03:25 AM
i guess i had that one comming i should have used spell check !!!! :-)

Bill G
12-17-2005, 04:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rmbler http://www.wattflyer.com/forums/images/misc/backlink.gif (http://www.wattflyer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2128#post19027)
can rum the heli and never gets worm
Phil

i guess i had that one comming i should have used spell check !!!! :-)

All in good humor, thanks for taking it the right way.

cyclops2
12-18-2005, 03:37 PM
Obviously your original pack is the right size AND QUALITY.
Send backthe one that warms up.
IT is NOT the same capacity or quality. Either way, you are not getting what you paid for.--------Send it back. And get one the runs like your original.-----Do not let them talk you into keeping the MISFIT.

rmbler
12-21-2005, 04:30 AM
i though of bringing it back got it at my LHS its the right one tho from E-Flight but i noticed that i get about the same flight out of either one and for the $26.00 the guy hooks me up with lots of stuff i'm a bit disappointed with the flight time tho 100Mah more than my lama sr and not nearly as long.
Regards,
Phil

Matt Kirsch
12-21-2005, 06:17 PM
Take it up with Horizon Hobby Distributors directly. That way, you aren't sticking it to your LHS, who would probably end up eating the cost of that pack just to keep you happy even though it's not their fault that the pack is substandard.