PDA

View Full Version : Digital Power Meter (Recorder) DPR-50...

Heidelberg Germany Flyer
10-30-2005, 07:01 AM
Just purchased and received the BNB Products Digital Power Recorder...

Loaded the software, read the instructions and I'm ready to go. Anyone have any experience with it? Any suggestions, cautions?

Finally, I'll have all the motor, controller and battery power data that I'll need, with in-flight (realtime) info that I can load in my computer- including selected temperatures. Can't wait to try it!

www.BNBPRODUCTS.com (http://www.BNBPRODUCTS.com)

Heidelberg Germany Flyer

RC-Tester
10-30-2005, 07:31 AM
Loaded the software, read the instructions and I'm ready to go. Anyone have any experience with it? Any suggestions, cautions?
Only thing to watch is the minimum voltage (part discharged 2S) shutting the unit down.

Other than that - get using it! (you'll wonder how you did without it before)

Rod

Heidelberg Germany Flyer
10-30-2005, 07:46 AM
Only thing to watch is the minimum voltage (part discharged 2S) shutting the unit down.

Other than that - get using it! (you'll wonder how you did without it before)

Rod

Tell me more...

RC-Tester
10-30-2005, 07:51 AM
Tell me more...
This is the important bit:

Battery Voltage from 7 to 30 VoltsIf your voltage drops below 7 Volts it will power down; this is the only thing I would say to watch out for (foxed me until I re-read the manual / instructions)

(edit: I mean the DPR-50 powers down; not the power to the model)

Rod

Heidelberg Germany Flyer
10-30-2005, 06:43 PM
Interesting info, Rod... Thanks!

So the recording of data on the DPR-50 stops on its power down, but you still have power to control the plane, right? That is of course if the controller doesn't do its power down first!

HGF

Heidelberg Germany Flyer
11-01-2005, 06:54 PM
Went to the BNB Products people for a comment on the power down problem when getting less than 7 volts. They confirmed that the plane's power will not be affected.

I also asked them what would happen if it draws over 50 amps. The same applies, as the plane's power will not be affected. They said that if could handle up to 75 amps for a short time.

By the way there is a thread in the new vendors products that relates to the DPR-50, in case you haven't seen it.

HGF