PDA

View Full Version : Please help me ID my new plane!

yossarian
06-28-2007, 04:07 AM
Just picked this up from the LHS. Just fell in love with it. I know the builder, but he's out of town. I'm dying to know what plane this is modeled after or any info about the kit would be apreciated. After looking at lots of pics, I'm guessing it's a Pre-WW1 french pylon racer. Nieport mark 2 I think. BTW, it flies like a dream with a 2409 brushless.

CHELLIE
06-28-2007, 04:47 AM
Just picked this up from the LHS. Just fell in love with it. I know the builder, but he's out of town. I'm dying to know what plane this is modeled after or any info about the kit would be apreciated. After looking at lots of pics, I'm guessing it's a Pre-WW1 french pylon racer. Nieport mark 2 I think. BTW, it flies like a dream with a 2409 brushless.

Hi Yossarian :) nice plane and build, the 2409 must really make it fast, I love the towerpro motors, and I have them on everything i fly, I have the 2408-21 2409-12 2410-09 and run them on 3 cell lipos, keep up the good work, take Care, Chellie

yossarian
06-28-2007, 05:39 AM
Hi Yossarian :) nice plane and build, the 2409 must really make it fast, I love the towerpro motors, and I have them on everything i fly, I have the 2408-21 2409-12 2410-09 and run them on 3 cell lipos, keep up the good work, take Care, Chellie

Hi Chellie and thanks! I bought it my self! :Q Wish I could take credit for the build, but alas it was built by a buddy. I bought it RTF. Motor esc and all. It has 2410-09 to be specific. Beautiful scale take-off's at half throttle and it will almost unlimited vertical. i've got enough throw that I can practically keep it on it's prop and that's with no ailerons! :tc:

I just love how docile it is as well. If it wasn't so fragile, it would be a perfect trainer.

I still need a postive ID on it. Anyone have a airplane almanac? All i know for sure is it's pre-ww1. My best guess is a Nieport of some flavor, but i'm not able to find many pics of it to me certain. Any help would be apreciated!

PS - That nose is an inverted and cut pop can! haha He cut it to fit and used some kind of buffer to score the can and give it a vintage metal look. I'm going to put half a barbie doll on top as pilot. She should look awesome with her hair flowing in the wind. She needs a pistol too!

xuzme720
06-28-2007, 05:46 AM
pistol packing plastic! I love it!

yossarian
06-28-2007, 06:51 AM
pistol packing plastic! I love it!

HAHA I might have to steal that, great name for the plane.

Pistol Packing Plastic

daniirwan
06-28-2007, 01:01 PM

Hi Chellie,

I'm eyeballing a few TP motors at my LHS..can you tell me what does the '2408-21' , '2409-12', '2410-09' mean? do they denote length in mm-width in mm-rpm per volt?

Thx in advance and sorry for hijacking ur thread a bit yossarian! ;-)

max-nix
06-28-2007, 01:44 PM
Hi Dani
Ck out the info available on this ebay sellers pages, all the specs you need on the motors you are considering.

http://stores.ebay.com/Heads-Up-RC_Brushless-Motors_W0QQfsubZ2846801QQfrsrcZ1
:tc:

soar-ne
06-28-2007, 02:17 PM
Kind of looks like a Eastbourne to me..Bet it will be a great flier. Hobby Lobby used (maybe they still do) to have a 400 size kit of these that I saw fly a couple of years ago by a guy in Florida. He had it all scaled out with a pilot that the head turned with the rudder and all kinds of gimmicks.
Happy Flying
Bob

yossarian
06-28-2007, 08:52 PM
Hi Chellie,

I'm eyeballing a few TP motors at my LHS..can you tell me what does the '2408-21' , '2409-12', '2410-09' mean? do they denote length in mm-width in mm-rpm per volt?

Thx in advance and sorry for hijacking ur thread a bit yossarian! ;-)

You can hijack me anytime Danni! But I have the same question about those motors my self. No idea what the numbers mean. All I know is they are inexpensive as all get out.

Thanks Soar! I'll check out some eastbourne's.

yossarian
06-28-2007, 08:58 PM

Speaking of 3cell packs, I was flying the nieport/Eastbourne/Wally's special, putting it through some mild areobatics. I pulled a loop just a little too tightly and I heard a loud CRACK! I though my spar was toast, but it still flew. After landing, i realized it was the balsa 'deck' that the lipo rests on. Too many g's for it. I fixed it and reinforced so I can keep using my 3 cells, the extra weight probably helps it behave a little more scale too. :ws:

RacerPaul
06-28-2007, 09:29 PM

Wanna say it's an Eindecker, but it looks too French for that..one thing for certain..it needs a pilot in that bare open cockpit! :Q LOLOL

yossarian
06-28-2007, 10:43 PM
Wanna say it's an Eindecker, but it looks too French for that..one thing for certain..it needs a pilot in that bare open cockpit! :Q LOLOL

It really does need a pilot! My duct tape holding the electronics in the cockpit just isn't cutting it. ;-)

yossarian
06-28-2007, 10:47 PM
Kind of looks like a Eastbourne to me..Bet it will be a great flier. Hobby Lobby used (maybe they still do) to have a 400 size kit of these that I saw fly a couple of years ago by a guy in Florida. He had it all scaled out with a pilot that the head turned with the rudder and all kinds of gimmicks.
Happy Flying
Bob

Good call Soar. Check out this bigger Eastbourne kit...
http://www.kitcutters.com/Mam/MamEastMonoplane.htm

Looks exactly like mine.

Thanks Soar!

daniirwan
07-02-2007, 05:57 PM
Hi Dani
Ck out the info available on this ebay sellers pages, all the specs you need on the motors you are considering.

http://stores.ebay.com/Heads-Up-RC_Brushless-Motors_W0QQfsubZ2846801QQfrsrcZ1
:tc:

Thx for the link max! they sure are helpful :ws:

Bill G
08-06-2007, 02:39 AM
Happy Flying
Bob

That's what I thought. For the price, I may just have to build one of those Hobby Lobby jobs. Almost ordered a few times, but didn't have enough cash left.::o
Last I checked, its still there.

Bill

Twizter68
08-14-2007, 03:16 PM
Almost looks like a Moraine-Saulnier product......not a Type N, but maybe an earlier prototype?

Twizter68
08-14-2007, 03:21 PM
Belay my last- it's an Eastbourne Monoplane, circa 1911ish.