PDA

View Full Version : Amazing 10 year old

turnwaldw
10-30-2005, 06:46 PM
We had our four nieces stay the night this weekend ( I went in the woods and cut and split for a few hours to get out of the house) When I got back I decided to fly my trainer around to let the girls whatch one of the twins wanted to try and fly so I went and got my easystar out and a buddy box I,m no trainer pilot but I thought if I got it high enough I could recover it if something happened. The one niece is a tom boy through and through compared to her twin sister which is 100% girl. So I got it up there aways and explained to her how it all worked let her have the controls and she handled it like a pro we all just looked on with amazment.
I landed charged another battery and off she went again this was great I got daring and got the big trainer out she handle it better than me she even made a pretty good landind with a little help.
I have meet a few naturals in my life but she had to be the best yet so I know what she is getting for christmas from her Aunt and uncle this year:D

qban_flyer
10-30-2005, 08:00 PM
We had our four nieces stay the night this weekend ( I went in the woods and cut and split for a few hours to get out of the house) When I got back I decided to fly my trainer around to let the girls whatch one of the twins wanted to try and fly so I went and got my easystar out and a buddy box I,m no trainer pilot but I thought if I got it high enough I could recover it if something happened. The one niece is a tom boy through and through compared to her twin sister which is 100% girl. So I got it up there aways and explained to her how it all worked let her have the controls and she handled it like a pro we all just looked on with amazment.
I landed charged another battery and off she went again this was great I got daring and got the big trainer out she handle it better than me she even made a pretty good landind with a little help.
I have meet a few naturals in my life but she had to be the best yet so I know what she is getting for christmas from her Aunt and uncle this year:D

Amazing, isn't it?

Not only is she a natural, but she also must like planes quite a bit. Hope you two had a great time.

turnwaldw
10-30-2005, 11:08 PM
She has always wanted to come to the field but she lives some distance from us so its kinda hard to hook up. But I will get her up there to show her off.

qban_flyer
10-31-2005, 02:47 AM
She has always wanted to come to the field but she lives some distance from us so its kinda hard to hook up. But I will get her up there to show her off.

HE:D, HE:D, HE:D.

Who knows? She may become the Patty Wagstaff of the R/C world one of these days!

watt_the?!
11-02-2005, 06:43 AM
great story....you lucky thing...my boy whos 10 loves planes but gets bored after about 5 minutes..

EpoweredRc
11-02-2005, 03:26 PM
woohoo another female pilot, wee need more of them.

REDNECK FLYER
11-02-2005, 05:21 PM
Wow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!