PDA

View Full Version : Permanent Band at R/C Groups

guapoman2000
10-31-2005, 11:16 PM
Good evening all....

I hope everyone is enjoying this fantastic forum as I will.

In just three days I received 12 warning points out of 10 at R/C GROUPS, the other gone to hell in a hand basket forum talk.

So that I would not be misunderstood, I am in no way trying to put down RCG in anyway and that site has tremendous information as this one will as well and it seems to be progressing nicely.

My beef with RCG's is that if you express your views in a sort of blunt manner even though you are not "name calling", "personal attacks", "trolling" you WILL be accused of exactly those should anyone dislike what you post "and" especially a better Power setup than those that frequent a particular thread.

I have not seen so much CRY BABIES taking unfair advantage of the warning point system that the owner implemented two months ago. I have been a RCG member for over three years and pretty much even though each and every warning point indicates that it is not a permanent band against me, it might as well since I can not send any Pivate Message to the moderators nor can I post anywhere!:eek:

It is for the best as I have a big passion for this hobby and love to share my Glow-to-Electric projects and I would like to think that many have benefited.

Not only that, you are completely bombarded with nothing but Advertisements from those that I beleive are the true owners of RCG's in a continuous basis. It is too bad since I almost ordered something through RCG's and happen to notice that my account has pretty much been blocked.

If you dare to visit RCG's and dare to speak up and point out something wrong with someone's setup "or" post something better than what those that frequent the particular thread you will encounter a movement to label you as a TROLL "and" accuse you of providing personal attacks because those there did not like what you wrote.

I have posted and created several thread here in RCU and I have finally realized that RCU rocks and will be happy to stay here for good and I will never look back.

During those days of JOE NULL and SEFF you were really not allowed to post anything if you were not there. A buddy of mine that did attend this years SEFF event called me to indicate his progress with a certain model and I made the mistake of posting and I was awarded a warning point and all of my post and that of others were moved to a new thread as not to upset those paying sponsors.

I have had it with all this poitical quagmire known as RC GROUPS.

Yours,
Carlos (Guapoman2000)

guapoman2000
11-01-2005, 12:26 AM
Oh, yes, both my cuz that lives with me (University Student) both had accounts at RCG's. My cuz as he is busy with his studies post the least and today we both were accused of WIDE SPREAD TROLLING because we had the same IP Address ( The unique identifier from your Internet provider).

This is so silly as my cuz lives with me...what is he supposed to do go to the Library?:rolleyes:

Also, my Internet provider has a roaming IP Address:rolleyes:

Again, those at RCG's and many have accounts here at RCU are the same type of people.

They see you post something they don't like and they don't have the decient human fairness to PM you before they go Crying to the Moderator.

Feeling like I was in 3rd Grade all over again:rolleyes:

Again, I just hope RCU is not like this.:(

Don Sims
11-01-2005, 12:28 AM
Carlos, welcome and please remember that we're a seperate site from RCU. Yeah Marc and some of the mods are on both sites but some of us are die hard lectric guys who have never had thier hands soiled by slimer stuff... ;)
Don

Steve
11-01-2005, 12:36 AM
Welcome folks. Screw those other guys. Way too politico for me too.

NCC-1701
11-01-2005, 12:36 AM
Carlos,

I can't believe they slammed you the way they did. I've been reading your posts on RCG for at least 2 years now. I can affirm here that Carlos has NEVER been a troll or any other kind of bad user. The exact opposite is true, you've always been courteous and helpful.

I'm going to post a complaint on your behalf on RCG. At the minimum, I believe the moderator who slammed and banned you (on purely circumstatial evidence) owes you a public apology.

Rob

guapoman2000
11-01-2005, 12:40 AM
Carlos, welcome and please remember that we're a seperate site from RCU. Yeah Marc and some of the mods are on both sites but some of us are die hard lectric guys who have never had thier hands soiled by slimer stuff... ;)
Don

Don,

Thanks for the welcome....I have been a member of RCU for a while but, frequenty mostly at RCG's.

Yes, I realize this and read all about 12 + Moderators getting unceramoniously let go because of that Warning Point thing..:rolleyes:

Anthony (Reformed Nitroaddic), I don't know if he is a moderator still but, he knows me personally should there be any doubts of my person. I don't tend to go out of my way and upset people.

My style of writing perhaps is not the best and I just go to the meat of the issue without being sugar coded all over the place if you know what I mean;)

Again, thanks for the welcome and glad for a fresh start!

Yes, the only wiping I do on my models is when they land in the club field with standing water and early morning dew!:D

Electrics ROCK!:D

guapoman2000
11-01-2005, 12:44 AM
Carlos,

I can't believe they slammed you the way they did. I've been reading your posts on RCG for at least 2 years now. I can affirm here that Carlos has NEVER been a troll or any other kind of bad user. The exact opposite is true, you've always been courteous and helpful.

I'm going to post a complaint on your behalf on RCG. At the minimum, I believe the moderator who slammed and banned you (on purely circumstatial evidence) owes you a public apology.

Rob

Rob,

Thank you for those kind words.:)

I have sent an e-mail at a certain "roccobro" who goes by the name Justin and who frequents that thread in Electric Ducted Fans and the thread is known as Kamdax Mirage 2000 - Part2.

Please be very careful how you word your compliant as I don't want you to be awarded the same warning points.:rolleyes:

I am NOT CERTAIN if "roccobro" was the one who blasted me out of RCG but, I suspect that a certain "AIR-X" was certainly after me and he complained to the moderator everytime I posted anyting in that thread.

Accused, Tried, and Hunged in three days!:rolleyes:

Thanks!
Carlos

NCC-1701
11-01-2005, 12:50 AM
Carlos,

I posted a complaint to Jim on your behalf. Here's the link.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=435666#post4526529

I hope this gets resolved soon. Given the true widespread trolling I've seen be allowed to slide on RCG (Goonybird/HallWoo/RCGuy05), this is a slap in the face.:mad:

Rob

Steve
11-01-2005, 12:51 AM
On to better things...what's that flying in your Avitar? BTW what is trolling?

guapoman2000
11-01-2005, 12:52 AM
Welcome folks. Screw those other guys. Way too politico for me too.

You don't know the half of it.....

Just two months ago over 12 moderators at RCG's were let go "or" they left on their own accord. It has everyting to do with the super sensative manner in which a person acquires and gets awarded the WARNING POINTS. Mostly because it is so easy for anyone to send a complaint to a moderator and say they were offended:rolleyes: In turn the person accused gets a warning without any reply back address as to which moderator accessed the Warning.

Bottom line....I don't think I will be back ever!:mad:

I am so very torn and upset that no words can describe what I am feeling.

Another person from Britian known as VINTAGE1 also got banded and he posted a so long post about three weeks ago because a moderator began to issue Warning Points and he of all people been in RCG's ever since it got created! He however came back but in a limit manner. GO FIGURE!:rolleyes:

Thanks again for all your replys!

NCC-1701
11-01-2005, 12:55 AM
Carlos,

What's really odd about this is both the Electric Jets forum mods (Chris and Kevin) on RCG are good people. I suspect this came from either a supermoderator or an administrator.

Rob

guapoman2000
11-01-2005, 12:55 AM
On to better things...what's that flying in your Avitar?

Combat Wing

Sorry I got confused with my avitar at that other place....

Trolling is someone that posts at a thread and he/she has really no involvement in the topic at hand. In other words blantant posts of unrelated topic of what the thread is suppose to be discussing. Certainly, if someone likes to address someone or provide infor somewhat related to the discussion that is not any grounds to accuse that person as being a TROLL.

guapoman2000
11-01-2005, 12:56 AM
Carlos,

What's really odd about this is both the Electric Jets forum mods (Chris and Kevin) on RCG are good people. I suspect this came from either a supermoderator or an administrator.

Rob

Rob,

Yes, indeed as I PMed Chris Cox and he replied saying that he ignored the certain "AIR-X" ???:confused:

Carlos

Steve
11-01-2005, 12:58 AM
Nice! I just recently finished my first wing...a 48" stock Unicorn and I'm haveing a blast with it. I'm fascinated with wing designs and look forward to learning more about them.

guapoman2000
11-01-2005, 01:02 AM
Carlos,

I posted a complaint to Jim on your behalf. Here's the link.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=435666#post4526529

I hope this gets resolved soon. Given the true widespread trolling I've seen be allowed to slide on RCG (Goonybird/HallWoo/RCGuy05), this is a slap in the face.:mad:

Rob

Rob,

Thanks so much....please start wearing your Warning Proof Shield:D

guapoman2000
11-01-2005, 01:07 AM
Nice! I just recently finished my first wing...a 48" stock Unicorn and I'm haveing a blast with it. I'm fascinated with wing designs and look forward to learning more about them.

Okay, I will create a thread about my wing....got it used from a university of central florida student for a cool $200 cash. Came with..

Mega 16/15/4-turn
APC "E" 6 X 4 Prop
Balanced to use Li-POLYs
(2) Hitec HS-81's
Hitec Electron-6
Castle Creations PHX-25
She tips the digital scale at 31 1/2 oz fully flight ready

Measured results:
21 AMPs @ Wide Open using 2nd generation Thunder Power 2100mAH, 3S1P, Li-POLYs
Can go 60 MPH level and slightly higher in a downward flight level. (17,300 RPMs at the Prop)
Indestructable! She crashed in a concrete light pole at 60 MPH and she flew 10 mintues after that waiting to see if Li-POLY was going to lose cookies.

You got to get one as she flys terrific in very windy conditions:D

guapoman2000
11-01-2005, 01:11 AM
I can't beleive it??????????:eek:

Rob,

You saved me....:D

All WARNING POINTS HAVE BEEN REMOVED AT RCG's

I don't know if I can post and will not try as I am serious with my earlier contentions that RCG's is not longer a friendly site.

It is full of THIN SKIN people and 3rd Graders (Present company does not apply):D and will not return to RCG's as a contributor!!!!:)

Don Sims
11-01-2005, 01:12 AM
Carlos, looks like Jim took care of you and reversed the points.

guapoman2000
11-01-2005, 01:15 AM
Carlos, looks like Jim took care of you and reversed the points.

Don,

Thanks, it appears that way but, the damage (relationship) has been done and I feel very hostile towards RCG's that I would not go back...

I have closed the window for RCG's and don't plan on visiting.

I will alert those that I fly with where my new home is.

Thanks!
Carlos:(

guapoman2000
11-01-2005, 01:19 AM
My models are calling me.....

Got to work on my latest Glow-To-Electric project....
Lanier 21st Century Citabria

Thanks to all for your support and encouragement!;)

Good nite!
Carlos:)

NCC-1701
11-01-2005, 01:53 AM
Carlos,

I was just doing the right thing. I'm glad the warnings were removed.

Rob

admin
11-01-2005, 03:23 AM
We will never have a warning point system here on WattFlyer. It is a 5 minute install for me to upgrade this board with such a system but I feel based on my own opinion and the feedback I've heard that this system is not good.

All issues here will be dealt with by having the moderators discuss the issue with the member. The first course here would be asking the original poster to edit their post if there was a problem. If it is time sensitive a moderator can and should edit and notify the poster what was done and why.

The interesting thing here so far is that we have had fewer problems then I can count on one hand since we opened up. For some reason the atmosphere here in general is different and people seem to be getting along well. We have had a couple minor things here and there but nothing major. Each member here we realize is a real person behind the keyboard who shares a common passion and we aim to treat everyone as we would want to be treated ourselves.

guapoman2000
11-01-2005, 03:42 AM
Marc,

Thank you for your reply and it makes me at ease because during my last posts at RCG's I felt the Neo Nazi police was studying my every word...it got so bad that I had spell checker on 24/7 and before I hit the post button.

Huray for Wattflyer!:)

Carlos:cool:

new2rc
11-01-2005, 04:34 AM
Marc,
Thank you for your reply and it makes me at ease because during my last posts at RCG's I felt the Neo Nazi police was studying my every word...it got so bad that I had spell checker on 24/7 and before I hit the post button.
Huray for Wattflyer!:)
Carlos:cool:

Hi Carlos :D

Yes, I joined here when they were nearly new. I joined because of the elec. war bird forum and the overall format. So I was able to use my same log ID from RCG. I am glad to see you here, but sad to see you out of RCG. It is certainly the loss of the members there, especially the new pilots as I was when you gave and continue to give so much of your time to help. I get why you are here though. I am sure you will have a following and many more new pilots at wattflyer that will benifit from your being here.

John and Christo

Jspencer
11-01-2005, 07:41 AM
I am in no way trying to put down RCG in anyway

I have not seen so much CRY BABIES taking unfair advantage of the warning point system that the owner implemented two months ago.

Not only that, you are completely bombarded with nothing but Advertisements from those that I beleive are the true owners of RCG's in a continuous basis.

If you dare to visit RCG's and dare to speak up and point out something wrong with someone's setup "or" post something better than what those that frequent the particular thread you will encounter a movement to label you as a TROLL "and" accuse you of providing personal attacks because those there did not like what you wrote.

I have had it with all this poitical quagmire known as RC GROUPS.(Guapoman2000)

I liek your first statement; especialy after reading the rest of your coments later on in your post.;)

Jimmy Hoffa
11-01-2005, 11:41 PM
The real truth is that Carlos causes trouble and conflict everywhere he goes. From RC Groups, to Graves Hobby Shop and to the local flying field. Now he's playing up being the victim on this site! Carlos, everyone that knows you knows the truth. Switching websites will not solve your problem. It's time for you to look in the mirror instead of blaming the world.
Phillip

AirX
11-02-2005, 12:29 AM
Rob,

Thank you for those kind words.:)

I have sent an e-mail at a certain "roccobro" who goes by the name Justin and who frequents that thread in Electric Ducted Fans and the thread is known as Kamdax Mirage 2000 - Part2.

Please be very careful how you word your compliant as I don't want you to be awarded the same warning points.:rolleyes:

I am NOT CERTAIN if "roccobro" was the one who blasted me out of RCG but, I suspect that a certain "AIR-X" was certainly after me and he complained to the moderator everytime I posted anyting in that thread.

Accused, Tried, and Hunged in three days!:rolleyes:

Thanks!
Carlos

Actually I was not after you at all and posted on that thread to get someone to convince of using a the setup you pecified. RCGuy01 is the troll and has used many alias to corroborate his own posts on advice. We have caught him switching alias without logging off his ip.

I did not have anything against you or your cousin. So if you want to direct your anger to the one that started the whole troll thing in the jets forum there RCGuy01 not me.

The way you replied to my post is what did you in because you sought me out to say that i should only say I like my choice of setups and nothing else. Calling me out. When you could have pmed me and all would have been fine. So here is my rebuttal to your accusations.

Eric B.

guapoman2000
11-02-2005, 02:05 AM
The real truth is that Carlos causes trouble and conflict everywhere he goes. From RC Groups, to Graves Hobby Shop and to the local flying field. Now he's playing up being the victim on this site! Carlos, everyone that knows you knows the truth. Switching websites will not solve your problem. It's time for you to look in the mirror instead of blaming the world.
Phillip

Oh Phillip,

Who called the Home Owner Association at BLUE JACKET Park? You Did!:D

Who called the local City of Orlando Parks Department? You Did!:D

Who called the local City of Olando Police Department? You Did!:D

Who Told and blamed me for the troubles at BLUE JACKET Park? You Did!:D

Did you ever told the truth, :rolleyes: Nope, 15 minutes before I did come to BLUE JACKET Park that evening back in June, (4) Park Zone Stykers F-27's did flew combat with Mega powered brushless before I came that night:rolleyes:

Really Phillip, lets be honest and clean with everyone here....you still blaming me because of Blue Jacket park and using me is so neat as I am the perfect scape goat...;)

Funny! You are confusing me with someone else, I have not had any problems at Graves R/C hobby Shop? The owner and I play chess when we have a chance? If you call that trouble then, yes, he is a very good chess player!:D

Hey, no hard feelings, I bid you well and happy landings!

guapoman2000
11-02-2005, 02:18 AM
I did not have anything against you or your cousin. So if you want to direct your anger to the one that started the whole troll thing in the jets forum there RCGuy01 not me.

Eric B.

Eric B.

Nope, I have no anger towards anyone except the Warning Point system....I had no idea that rcguy01 was "a" troll as you have stated until numerous e-mails with Justin.

The same holds true...you all could have warned me via a PM as you all knew that I was new at that thread.

Again, I have no ill feelings to anyone except the RCG's Warning Point System and the "NO-NAME" PM's coming at me citing me with them.

Happy Landings!

Jimmy Hoffa
11-02-2005, 02:50 AM
Who called the Home Owner Association at BLUE JACKET Park? You Did!:D

Who called the local City of Orlando Parks Department? You Did!:D

Who called the local City of Olando Police Department? You Did!:D

Who Told and blamed me for the troubles at BLUE JACKET Park? You Did!:D

All untrue. There is definately something wrong with you.

Funny! You are confusing me with someone else, I have not had any problems at Graves R/C hobby Shop?
Well actually, Gary at Graves considered banning you from the store because you went on RCG and said they had ripped you off by selling you a used motor. The truth is that Gary offered you a replacement but you went off on a tantrum, just like you did against RC Groups, even though they corrected the problem and reversed the warnings. There's a pattern here.

No hard feelings, just the truth.

Phillip

hoppy
11-02-2005, 02:56 AM
Carlos, welcome to the no-point system zone. I've for all practical purposes limited my posting time to this forum after having over 8000 posts on RCG because of the turmoil and loss of a few good WebFriends over post disputes there. Tell me, is the KSC flying field locked? Is a key needed to access the field? The locals here have turned our parks into I don't know what with tall light poles....horseshoe courts or something??
hoppy

guapoman2000
11-02-2005, 03:02 AM

Well actually, Gary at Graves considered banning you from the store because you went on RCG and said they had ripped you off by selling you a used motor. The truth is that Gary offered you a replacement but you went off on a tantrum, just like you did against RC Groups, even though they corrected the problem and reversed the warnings. There's a pattern here.

No hard feelings, just the truth.

Phillip

Gary and I had a store policy disagrement and not that I accused anyone of a used motor. You seemed to be acting like a Troll here as you were not there and don't have your facts straight. Pattern? We came to an agreement and I mailed off the motor.....water under the bridge....you are certainly coming real close to harrassment here dear sir....a pattern typical from RCG's if I may add.

Please don't address me nor post anything further as you are certainly repeating the
harassing tone from RCG's!

Blue Jacket, Blue Jacket....we all were sad when we could no longer use the park for our park flying and Stryker combat but, this is getting out of hand.

You are following me here to Flame and incite Harassment and conflict as you just obtained your user account and your first post is to come at me again.

I tried to be nice with you but, you still opt to discuss your silly and completely twisted facts so, all can read and you are embarrassing yourself.

Consider yourself warned.....Harassment and Flaming..:(

guapoman2000
11-02-2005, 03:07 AM
Carlos, welcome to the no-point system zone. I've for all practical purposes limited my posting time to this forum after having over 8000 posts on RCG because of the turmoil and loss of a few good WebFriends over post disputes there. Tell me, is the KSC flying field locked? Is a key needed to access the field? The locals here have turned our parks into I don't know what with tall light poles....horseshoe courts or something??
hoppy

Hoppy,

Thanks so much for that welcomed....!:)

Unfortunately the Space Center's field is still within the Security gates and only Contractor and Gov't employees have access. However, the former Gun Range at KARS-I park in Merrit Island has been turned over to the Space Center's KARS R/C Flying Club and soon, very soon we will be having a flying demo and we are going to invite "Friends" & "Family" to the new site.

I will send you an invitation when the field and all the particular arrangements are complete with the Wild Life Ranger and KARS Parks.

AirX
11-02-2005, 03:09 AM
Eric B.

Nope, I have no anger towards anyone except the Warning Point system....I had no idea that rcguy01 was "a" troll as you have stated until numerous e-mails with Justin.

The same holds true...you all could have warned me via a PM as you all knew that I was new at that thread.

Again, I have no ill feelings to anyone except the RCG's Warning Point System and the "NO-NAME" PM's coming at me citing me with them.

Happy Landings!

No hard feelings and you should have access to RCG now that NC1701 petitioned your reinstatement.

Cheers,

Eric B.

guapoman2000
11-02-2005, 03:17 AM

Phillip

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3964651&postcount=1166

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4042832&postcount=1185

Just in case you go back and delete what you wrote....here's the image!:rolleyes:

Mike Parsons
11-02-2005, 03:18 AM
Lets keep the thread on the subject matter and off of each other. I am sending a couple of PM's out. Thank you for the cooperation :)

qban_flyer
11-02-2005, 03:22 AM
I have been curiously following (back and forth) some of the posts on this thread. Especially the thread's tittle, which by the way has been misspelled, When someone gets forbidden from a zone, it is called a BAN, not a BAND. "Bands" play the music we dance to. "Band" Aids is what we put on our ouches. Rubber "Bands" is what some people use to attach their model's wings to the fuselage with.

When someone gets "banned" from a certain place, they can't go there, they can't post messages there, they can't do anything there.

Whatever happened "there" should remain "there" and IMHO it should not be brought here to contaminate the clean and friendly atmosphere we have been enjoying since this site went up.

I know, I know. Someone here on this thread is going to suggest that I don't stop by to read the vitriolic statements posted by some here. Look at the messages posted @ 6:41, 9:05 and 9:50 P.M. Can it get any more childish that that?

It amazes me to no end to see how much vitriol can be kept inside some people's minds and be carried elsewhere, to wherever they may go.

Life is too short to aggravate it with these petty things. This whole thing is embarrasing, especially to those of us that were posting elsewhere on this site LAST NIGHT only to be interrupted by one particular user "to let Marc" know he had "just sent him a PM". That is how I became aware of this ongoing fiasco. If anyone wishes to send Marc or Mike a PM, they don't have to bradcast it all over the site. Both will get it in due course. It is not correct to barge into a thread just to announce that a PM has gone to somebody.
To all involved in this fracas, not just one or two individuals but all, let it go, let it rest. :o :o :o

One more thing. Although this is an Off Topic Thread, the rules for Off Topic Chit Chat are:
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Off Topic Chit Chat Get to know other eflight modelers in the WattFlyer community here in this off topic forum. NO politics or religion please AND must be PG rated. All else is fair game.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
That being said, we can construe what's happening here as "politics". The politics of destruction of one another, the politics of using one site to throw mud at another one. Some on the other site may decide to retaliate against us. Do we really want that to happen?

Politics of any kind are not allowed on Watt Flyer, although it is up to the Administrator and the Moderators to decide what goes and what does not.

Can't we all get along, please? :) :) :)

guapoman2000
11-02-2005, 03:31 AM
It amazes me to no end to see how much vitriol can be kept inside some people's minds and be carried elsewhere, to wherever they may go.

Life is too short to aggravate it with these petty things.

I assure you that Phillip and I were very good flying buddies, at least that is what I felt and thought.:confused: :o

You are correct...Life is too short and I just can't seem to shake his mind about something that we both said while we were flying our models one sunny Saturday morning....that it would be just a matter of time that as the houses get finished around the park field and the houses get sold and occupied it will be one compliant that will spark the "Ban" against flying at this park.

I am sorry for the back and worth snipping and bickering...just to show you what happens to two men in their late 40's perhaps close to 50's:D and their R/C Models at a local park!:rolleyes:

I still am very found of Phillip as he has the same passion for this hobby as anyone here and enjoy it very much. It is sad that it has turned out this way between us.

Again my apologies.:o

qban_flyer
11-02-2005, 03:43 AM
Again my apologies.:o

Apology accepted :)

I myself been there, done that.

I'll be 61 this month and have found out that time is very finite, that we only have so much of it alloted to each one of us individually.

Furthermore, I have learned that in the heat of an argument we may say injurious things to one another, things that we may regret having said later on in life, at a time when we can no longer take them back because the other person(s) involved is(are) no longer around to accept our apologies.

guapoman2000
11-02-2005, 03:55 AM
I'll be 61 this month.

:) HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!:)

I hope you get a nice surprise....perhaps a new model?

admin
11-02-2005, 03:57 AM
Hey fellas. I'm going to close this thread up before it gets out of hand. While I do want people to be able to vent I REALLY want people to get along and share their common passion for the rc hobby. So in that vein I'll close this one down, let's all be buddies and talk more about the one thing we all REALLY enjoy....rc eflight!

thanks fellas.