PDA

View Full Version : Testing...

hillbille
07-09-2007, 07:22 PM
This is a test post to save embarassment!!

Tinman
07-09-2007, 07:27 PM
Well done !

brnyrbbl
07-09-2007, 07:28 PM
You're the winner! The test was a success! :Q

Don Sims
07-09-2007, 07:53 PM
Embarrassment is a accepted part of life for me. It's almost a perpetual state.

Grasshopper
07-09-2007, 08:41 PM
You passed. I'm embarrassed to tell you how many times I've been embarrassed.

Tinman
07-09-2007, 08:43 PM
I flew my slow stick into a big tree on Saturday, that was really embarrassing. Then my father in law had the nerve to tell me not to tell everyone that i teach people how to fly... :(

thats embarrassment!

brnyrbbl
07-09-2007, 08:48 PM
LOL! It's a little different flying while "in" the plane versus being on the ground. The perspective isn't quite the same :)

firemanbill
07-09-2007, 08:51 PM
embarassemt?! I was flying my Beaver once when Skiman asked me if would do a loop... I said sure it will do a loop... yanked backed on the stick and the wing snapped in half...

It did a real nice death spiral too!:red:

Tinman
07-09-2007, 09:03 PM
LOL! It's a little different flying while "in" the plane versus being on the ground. The perspective isn't quite the same :)

Aint that the truth.

My father in law got it out of the tree though, he just called me. Used his big fishing rod that he uses in the ocean.

That stinks Bill, I bet you had a few choice words for when it was flalling down!

Grasshopper
07-09-2007, 09:05 PM
Aint that the truth.

My father in law got it out of the tree though, he just called me. Used his big fishing rod that he uses in the ocean.

That stinks Bill, I bet you had a few choice words for when it was flalling down!

It doesn't hurt as bad when you know you'll win a free replacement plane soon.:)

firemanbill
07-09-2007, 09:05 PM
Aint that the truth.

ahh a little bit 'o tape and a new prop and she was good as new!:silly:

flalling? is that a cross between flailing and falling?!:Q lol

Tinman
07-09-2007, 09:07 PM
i meant falling, long day........ and it's only monday!

Got to love taping stuff back together! My super cub is all packing tape!

firemanbill
07-09-2007, 09:09 PM
I heard that... Got into work this morning to find my training chief had a hard drive fail in his desktop over the weekend... ended up having to fix that first thing which put me way behind for the day... what a way to start the week...

I like it though... flalling...

Tinman made up a new word everyone! Kind of describes my flying pretty good!

Tinman
07-09-2007, 09:17 PM
Yeah!

I was flying in so much wind the darn thing was just flalling around!!

hillbille
07-10-2007, 03:19 AM
I heard that... Got into work this morning to find my training chief had a hard drive fail in his desktop over the weekend... ended up having to fix that first thing which put me way behind for the day... what a way to start the week...

I like it though... flalling...

Tinman made up a new word everyone! Kind of describes my flying pretty good!

Hey Bill,

Since you work with computers - know what size those fine thread screws are that you put in some drives with? Well I'll tell ya - they're 3mm. Hmmmmm - 3mm seems like that is just the right size for firewall mount screws for some of the outrunner motors! I bet you got a couple o' hundred of 'em! I know I have tapped out the three holes in the aluminum mount supplied by Jeff at Heads-Up with his motors and they (those 3mm "bolts" from hard drive/CD-Rom kits) go through 1/8" plt into the mounts pretty good! Good to see we all get embarassed - I just wanted to be able to show pics of what I am lousy at explaning!!

brnyrbbl
07-10-2007, 03:27 AM
Don't mind us.. We like to hijack threads! :Q

hillbille
07-10-2007, 03:44 AM
Hijack away!!

Actually I started this because I had a PZ Stryker that I just got - ain't had the cojonnes to fly it yet - but I was wondering since it's a "B" model if there was a way I could use both NiMh's AND also LiPo's in it without having to do a whole lot. Well I had a spare receiver from a deal I made for some PZ FW 190's and I just looked it over and decided to make an adapter for the J3 shunt so that I could use either batteries I might happen to have and thought I might post it up some where.

Real question for me is WHERE? Since this really isn't a airplane mod and it ain't a motor, radio, or a true battery mod. Just where would I put this??

Hilbilly

hillbille
07-10-2007, 03:51 AM
Speaking of where to put things -

I had a lot of off road trucks up until recently and worked on them a lot (bad driving - don't ask!). One of the mods I used to do was to Mini-T servos - a 4 wire servo - that was a POS - simply put you gutted the Losi servo and used the board and pot WIRING to insert into a Hitec HS-81 or HS-85mg servo effectively making them into a 4 wire Losi servo for the Mini-T that was INDESTRUCTABLE!

Just wondering if anyone has done surgery on a PZ servo or tried to replace innards with stronger stuff? Funny how your mind works isn't it??

Hillbille??

brnyrbbl
07-10-2007, 03:56 AM
Hijack away!!

Actually I started this because I had a PZ Stryker that I just got - ain't had the cojonnes to fly it yet - but I was wondering since it's a "B" model if there was a way I could use both NiMh's AND also LiPo's in it without having to do a whole lot. Well I had a spare receiver from a deal I made for some PZ FW 190's and I just looked it over and decided to make an adapter for the J3 shunt so that I could use either batteries I might happen to have and thought I might post it up some where.

Real question for me is WHERE? Since this really isn't a airplane mod and it ain't a motor, radio, or a true battery mod. Just where would I put this??

Hilbilly
There is an ongoing Stryker thread in here. Major Danger and Imopar might be able to help.

hillbille
07-10-2007, 04:01 AM
Cool - I'll go over ther and check - thanks!!

hillbille
08-29-2007, 07:55 AM
New Avitars for Flyingmonkey?

FlyingMonkey
08-29-2007, 12:00 PM
I am kind of....... attached, to the one I have now.

it was a, gift.

Voyager2lcats
08-29-2007, 03:46 PM
Tinman,

If you keep admitting how many trees you fly into, and your spelling gets much worse, do you know what that means? You might be a Monkey Minion without even knowing it!!! Congratulations.

Tinman
08-29-2007, 08:41 PM
Tinman,

If you keep admitting how many trees you fly into, and your spelling gets much worse, do you know what that means? You might be a Monkey Minion without even knowing it!!! Congratulations.

Uh oh thats terrible! I might get kicked out of the MWS?

Voyager2lcats
08-29-2007, 08:47 PM
It could be a near run thing. I guess you have to rack up some really potent walks of shame to qualify. We will definitely keep you in mind.:)