PDA

View Full Version : Electrifly C-20

dus10lee
08-05-2005, 06:47 AM
I recently bought a C-20 Electrifly 20A ESC and didnt realize that the plug to the battery is a Tamiya connector. Its easy to find a Nicd battery with a tamiya connector, but I want Nihm or Li-poly. Can someone tell me if there is a way to connect a Nihm or li-poly battery to this ESC? Can I just got off the connector and solder a different one on? Or is there a plug I can purchase to convert it to a different one?

dus10lee
08-05-2005, 06:49 AM
Its for use in a GWS E-Starter so if you also know of a good battery for this plane that uses the Tamiya plug let me know.

AEAJR
08-07-2005, 06:10 AM
Just cut off the connector and solder on the right one. I do this all the time. All of my electric planes have either Deans Ultra connectors, for the bigger planes, or the red BEC type connector that GWS usually uses. The red connector is really only good up to about 6 amps. After that, use the Deans Ultra.

I even cut the mini tamaya out of my Aerobird and replaced it with a Deans Ultra and then replaced all the battery connectors with the Deans Ultra. Best thing I could have done.

Cut if off and put on the connector you need! Fer sure dude!

dus10lee
08-07-2005, 06:19 AM
Thanks for the help. I didnt think I would ever get an answer.

AEAJR
08-07-2005, 06:26 AM
Problem is you asked the wrong question. You asked something specific about a C-20 ESC. Your real question was how to I match up battery and ESC connectors. So people start to read, see they know nothing about hte C-20 ESC and move on. In fact, I did that. If not for your PM, I would not have gotten to the real question.

Be careful about your opening line in your posts. That is where your question goes. Put the other info later in the post.

Hope that helps.

Epoxycup
08-11-2005, 08:08 PM
I agree cut it off and solder on a connector that is more compatible. Probably most people use either JST or Deans Ultra connectors depending on amperage. The Ultra will handle more amps. I have read that the Tamiya plugs have higher current loss. I do know you dont see many e-power RC flyers useing them.