PDA

View Full Version : DX7 question again

caflyerinuk
07-12-2007, 11:24 PM
sorry for the bandwidth. This question might have already been asked here many times

I am planning to get a DX7 for my Honey Bee King II

is it really going to help with anything else other than cutting down the interference?

I live in the UK and there is hardly any other r/c guy in the park. so interference is not an issue. However with the stock transmitter I am afraid if my heli is going to run out of the transmitter range at some point (well, DX7 really boosts the range compared to the stock one??)

Any links to an online store that sells for good price will be greatly appreciated

Rabbitcreekok
07-13-2007, 04:58 AM
I don't know what kind of transmitter you are currently using, but you will loose sight of the heli long before the transmitter loses touch with most transmitters. That is one reason to purchase a DX series transmitter. If someone turns on a transmitter on your frequency a mile away, you will crash. They don't have to be in the park where you can see them.

I have both a DX-6 and 7. I would recommend the DX-7, just because it has more model memories and better gimbals on the sticks. Both will fly a heli and have the presets built in for heli flight. Also both will fly gliders and airplanes, with the presets built in.

Sentertainment
07-13-2007, 07:45 AM
Better range, less interference, more control.
When I say more control, it's nice when you can set the Gyro and even do exponential settings on the controls with the TX.

I got too worried about buying a TX under what I need, so I went straight for the DX7.
Honestly, see if any American stores like TheBarnFloor.com ship to the UK, and you could use PayPal to switch the currency for ya...most UK stores I've seen online tend to be overpriced compared to the American market.
Hell, I've even seen items selling for the same amount in pounds as some stores ask in USD!!! (I usually guess the rate at 2x, but I think 1.75 is more accurate)

caflyerinuk
07-13-2007, 12:03 PM
Thanks for the information.
Yeah the UK stores charge the same price but in GBP which is double the value of dollar. on top of that I will need to pay VAT :(

btw, what do you mean by setting Gyro and do exponential settings?

also, is hold rotation something that I can do with DX7 ? my King II has autorotation capability , but no hold rotation switch.....

Sentertainment
07-13-2007, 08:15 PM
Oh, what I mean is I can set the Gyro gain right on the TX and then you can also give the controls and exponential output.
This pretty much means I can set graphs to make the controls start of precise then become faster as the control stick moves farther out.

Also what's nice is how I can adjust throttle hold and even do control mixing.
The mixing allows you to so much as even flip a switch and you can set it to add +XX% throttle, etc.

I don't have much of a basis to compare any quality controllers though as I moved straight from my E-Flite controller (for Blade CX) up to the DX7.

I also looked at that website I gave you and minimal for shipping ("Priority Mail International Flat Rate Box") is $37.75 USD, so considering no taxes (I think) and the controller is probably at least $100 USD less than places in the UK already...not too bad!
*That is just for the TX though, if you want the whole set it costs a min. of $330 USD no matter where I looked.

caflyerinuk
07-15-2007, 11:37 PM
Thanks for the link TheBarnFloor.com. Never heard of them before. you bought anything from them?

I believe all I need is DX7 tx $199 and AR6100 receiver which $44 ? correct ?
I am going to just stick with the stock servos for now

caflyerinuk
07-17-2007, 11:52 PM
Some more question, before I place the order.... Please help!

1. AR6100 has on voltage range of 3 volts to 9 volts. Is it okay to connect it to the 11.1volts battery of HBk2?

2. I don't see the feature "servo sync" for AR6100. But it is available on DX7. Is this feature of any use?

Thanks!

dotyj
07-17-2007, 11:57 PM
Some more question, before I place the order.... Please help!

1. AR6100 has on voltage range of 3 volts to 9 volts. Is it okay to connect it to the 11.1volts battery of HBk2?

2. I don't see the feature "servo sync" for AR6100. But it is available on DX7. Is this feature of any use?

Thanks!

#1. You bet. I'm using my AR with an 11.1vdc lipo, assuming you're using an esc of course.
#2 I don't know.

Sentertainment
07-18-2007, 12:46 AM
Thanks for the link TheBarnFloor.com. Never heard of them before. you bought anything from them?

I believe all I need is DX7 tx $199 and AR6100 receiver which $44 ? correct ?
I am going to just stick with the stock servos for now

Haven't yet, but they do many sales through eBay and have 99.9% reviews...Honestly, I WOULD trust them, I even bid on some of their items.
Best way is to just use credit and dispute the transaction if anything goes wrong, so far I've been lucky, I built almost my entire heli from parts bought online and on eBay.

If you don't feel comfortable with them, I have many other retailers I've bought items from that may have similar prices.

*BTW, yes just need the TX + Charger/Batt and an AR6100. (just make sure your ESC has a BEC in it, or you will need either a separate BEC or an RX batt.)

brnyrbbl
07-18-2007, 07:44 AM
Servo sink ensures that all servos work together in unison. It's a very nice feature for helis especially when precision movement is needed to hover.

caflyerinuk
07-18-2007, 06:14 PM
Thanks Guys!

is it safe to assume the Esky ESC (EK1-0350) has a built in BEC?

Heli Jim
07-18-2007, 07:19 PM
Yes

I have a DX7 and I use the AR6000 receiver and all works just fine.

caflyerinuk
07-18-2007, 07:36 PM
Cool. Thanks Jim

Sentertainment
07-18-2007, 09:46 PM
Yeah, although some places say AR6000 and DX7 don't work, Spektrum actually includes the AR6000 compatibility in the manual. But...you wont get the full functionality of DSM2 (specifically dual-link).

Personally, I say spend the extra $10 or so for the AR6100 (unless you find an amazingly cheap AR6000).

caflyerinuk
07-19-2007, 05:00 AM
Sentertainmnet-

I am planning to go for DX7 and AR6100

caflyerinuk
07-19-2007, 05:01 AM
Heli Jim-

are you using DX7/AR6000 with King2? (with no BEC)

Heli Jim
07-19-2007, 01:56 PM
I am using it on a Blade CP Pro

caflyerinuk
07-19-2007, 04:37 PM
Jim, Thanks again.

caflyerinuk
07-20-2007, 12:50 PM
OK I got the spces of Esky ESC EK1-0350 from my favourate online shop rchelicoptershop.com. Here it is... if anybody planning to use EK1-0350 with DX7/AR6100

EK1-0350 sepcs:
1. 3 LiPo battery;
2. Maximum electric current in moment: 50A;
3. Maximum continues electric current: 25A(280W)
4. BEC electric current: 5.0Vs/2A;
5. Weak electricity protection: 9.2V
6. Temperature overload protection: 95C

line #4 confirms it has a built in BEC
Cheers

pfatz
02-04-2008, 02:28 AM
I have the DX7 Air which also flys Heli's with no problem. I will use mine with my Slow Stick, my camera ship and my Trex 600. The Trex 600 requires 6 channels.

Mine came as a package with the AR 7000 Rx (and 4 servos ok for air but not for Helis) The AR7000 gives you 7 channels and 2 receivers linked together for best reception. The extras channel can be used to trigger a camera, lights, bombs, parachutes confetti drops etc.

I try to buy ahead and think I may want to use it to fly a camera later.

EdH:D

HeliG
03-08-2008, 04:22 AM
A response that is a little late but I believe that the servo sync is only with the AR6200 (and AR7000).