PDA

View Full Version : How delicate are lipos

Big_Bird
11-02-2005, 05:21 AM
I'm putting together my first foamie, a GWS Corsair. I had to do some major foam removal to get the battery in. It is a 3 cell 1320 Dualsky X-Power. It is a snug sliding fit between foam on the top and balsa on the bottom. It doesn't slide out without a small tug on the power wires. There is airflow around the sides. Is this an acceptable installation?

Any comments are appreciated.

Ken

Vamooska
11-02-2005, 07:19 AM
Hey...My packs are the Dualsky private label under Vampowerpro. If you can .....make the battery compartment a wee bit larger. I really don't like to see folks tugging on wires....after a while it can cause a problem. Use velcro and a looser fit and you will be better off in the long run!
Vammy

roccobro
11-02-2005, 07:23 AM
Is this a question abut the physical intergrity of the cells, or if that is the proper size for that application? If it is the latter, we need more stats on your setup. If not, Vammy is right and a piece of tape to make a loop or tug handle would be alot safer than pulling on the wires. Don't get me wrong, I tug on my lipos wires ALL the time! :D

Justin

Big_Bird
11-02-2005, 04:06 PM
Hey...My packs are the Dualsky private label under Vampowerpro. If you can .....make the battery compartment a wee bit larger. I really don't like to see folks tugging on wires....after a while it can cause a problem. Use velcro and a looser fit and you will be better off in the long run!
Vammy
Ok, I'll make it looser and use Velcro. Actually the pack slides up into a pocket and I can't use Velcro directly on the battery but I can make a small block with Velcro attached to put behind the battery to prevent it from backing out.

Justin, this was a question about physical integrity and not application. I guess I was wondering if any pressure on the battery from the foam was detrimental electrically. The tape pull is a good idea.

Ken