PDA

View Full Version : 35 mhz

cobra1
11-02-2005, 03:27 PM
i will be emigrating to australia from the uk in the new year. i currently fly electric aircraft using a tx on 35 mhz. i understand that 35mhz is illegal in oz. is it a simple matter to convert my 35mhz tx to the oz 36mhz or do i sell my equipment here and start again in oz.

thanks for any advice.

meegosh
11-02-2005, 08:39 PM
Very good question. I am in the states so I do not know the answer but I think I know someone who might. I know that watt_the?! is from southern australia so you may want to ask him. I know he travels to and from the states so I'm sure he's accustomed to changing his frequencies. It's worth a shot to PM him, I'm sure he would be more than happy to help!

Good luck!!

AEAJR
11-03-2005, 01:39 PM
i will be emigrating to australia from the uk in the new year. i currently fly electric aircraft using a tx on 35 mhz. i understand that 35mhz is illegal in oz. is it a simple matter to convert my 35mhz tx to the oz 36mhz or do i sell my equipment here and start again in oz.

thanks for any advice.

It would help a lot if we knew what equipment you have. Some is very easy to convert. Some is not.

olmod
11-04-2005, 12:29 AM
Check with the mfg first then decide ;)

slipstick
11-04-2005, 10:13 AM
I know of a couple of cases of simply changing crystals from 35MHz to 36MHz which have worked. Certainly some receivers, like those from Schulze, are made to cover both bands with no component changes. But there's no general answer, it will depend on exactly what equipment you have.

Steve

cobra1
11-04-2005, 12:05 PM
my tx is the futaba 6EXAP six channel

eng3388
01-18-2007, 02:06 AM
Hi, I did the same thing 13 years ago. It's an easy conversion. You will find that by just changing the crystals it should work. I did that and am still flying my Futaba FF7 on 36 MHz. However I did send mine in to a test station to get it 36MHz certified for cliub regulation reasons.

If you stick to the low 36 there is really very little change. I speck out my 2M gliders on a Hitec SC 35 MHZ and Futaba 114 Reciever without any problems all these years.

If you want to you can fine tune your reciever by adjusting the slug closest to aerial. Plenty of advice on rcuniverse on how to do this.

Good Luck and enjoy your stay in Oz. Got transferred here and never left.

Best Regards
Eng - sydney