PDA

View Full Version : Video - "Tiny Finey" - Scratch Build

Fangar
07-18-2007, 03:51 AM
Hey guys,

Thought I would post this here too, to get some views. I build a simple scratch built depron foamy flyer. This plane is super fun to fly. 3 channel (Rudder, Elevator, Throttle). 11 oz All up weight. Enjoy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nDgeLLzpKDE

Thanks for watching.

Fangar

GreenAce92
07-18-2007, 04:09 AM
How did you make the fuselage? A couple layers of Depron?
Nice vid by the way and its a nice stable plane great job.

Fangar
07-18-2007, 06:04 AM
How did you make the fuselage? A couple layers of Depron?
Nice vid by the way and its a nice stable plane great job.

Thanks for the kind words. The fuselage is made of (1) 3/4" layer of EPS foam sandwiched between two skins of 3mm depron. The center EPS layer of the fuse has a balsa stringer for rigidity. I have adjusted the motor mount of add more downward thrust and also re-enforced the wing a bit with balsa struts (Like a traditional piper cub). Should be even better. As soon as this darn wind dies down, I hope to take it out again.

Also, I put it on the meter. It is pulling 9.2 amps at wide open throttle static with the 8x6e prop and almost the same with a 9x4.7e.

Thanks for looking,

Fangar

GreenAce92
07-18-2007, 02:08 PM
No problem. Great Idea too with the Balsa Stringer. The struts should help you out when pulling up a couple G's from looping.

Great Job.

Fangar
07-19-2007, 02:45 AM
No problem. Great Idea too with the Balsa Stringer. The struts should help you out when pulling up a couple G's from looping.

Great Job.

Exactly. I noted a bit of wing flex prior to the struts. Still waiting for this heavy wind to die down to try it out again. I can't believe it rained today in Sacramento CA. Middle of July...

Fangar

GreenAce92
07-19-2007, 03:03 AM
Wow great patience hah! I just maidend my Pkz Cub again becuase of a powerline. Hope your weather clears up.