PDA

View Full Version : Forsale COG Machine wanted

300Spartans
07-19-2007, 11:58 PM
if you have a functional COG machine you are trying to get rid of please let me know.

thanks

Dorsal
07-20-2007, 01:45 AM
If you can buy about 7 feet of 1/2" PVC sprinkler pipe, (4) "EL" fittings, (2) "Tee" fittings, (2) caps and a couple pencil erasers, you can make your own for about $3 at any hardware store. A sketch will follow if required.

Gnascher
07-20-2007, 01:57 AM
If you can buy about 7 feet of 1/2" PVC sprinkler pipe, (4) "EL" fittings, (2) "Tee" fittings, (2) caps and a couple pencil erasers, you can make your own for about $3 at any hardware store. A sketch will follow if required.

I'd like to see this sketch. I built one out of a board and a few dowels, but I'm not all that thrilled with it.

300Spartans
07-20-2007, 02:17 AM
yes, sketch would be cool.

Dorsal
07-20-2007, 04:56 AM
Okay, here it is. Mine was actually made from scraps in my garage.
http://www.wattflyer.com/photoplog/file.php?n=1720&w=o

I'll bet you thought there might be something high tech, eh? ::o

(Oh, you may need to make it wider if you have a really wide fuselage.)

Sentertainment
08-17-2007, 02:36 AM
or take a wooden plank and find two big trees (close to each other, drill a hole in each corner of the trees, and tie 2 corners of the board to each tree and place ur heli on it....

that way you can adjust the CG at dif heights on the heli:Q

if anyone wants other simple designs using cheap wood, i can sketch some for ya

gfdengine204
08-17-2007, 02:39 AM
Okay, here it is. Mine was actually made from scraps in my garage.
http://www.wattflyer.com/photoplog/file.php?n=1720&w=o

I'll bet you thought there might be something high tech, eh? ::o

(Oh, you may need to make it wider if you have a really wide fuselage.)

If I may......

If it was me, I would have a few various lengths of PVC to adjust the width (say, 4, 8, 12 inches, depending on the sizes of your planes), and not glue them in place. Heck, you could even drill holes for cotter pins to hold them in place, but I think that would be overkill.

Otherwise, that is one outstanding looking plan for a CG "machine". Nice work!

sherwi@sbcglobal.net
08-17-2007, 04:57 AM
What's wrong with the finger tips??

Sherrill

gfdengine204
08-17-2007, 01:30 PM
What's wrong with the finger tips??

Sherrill

Absolutely nothing, Sherrill. :)

But, some folks like a machine. I like the option in case I want to have it on the machine while I add weight and can just leave it up there while I work on it.

Dorsal
11-09-2007, 08:16 PM
You could glue all of the "ells" in place (I can't imagine why), but it you don't glue the "tees", then you can simply swing the vertical rods in or out to fit the width of your plane.