PDA

View Full Version : Before you go off on another RCG bender, read this!

Matt Kirsch
11-02-2005, 11:37 PM
Guys,

I know many of you are very frustrated over the way things were/are being handled at RCGroups, and I understand you want to vent.

Before you do so, take a look at some of the closed threads already up in this forum... Things tend to get very heated, very nasty, and very very messy in short order. All of this works against the kind of atmosphere we're trying to create here at Wattflyer, which is an easy-going, friendly, and FUN environment where moderators don't have to be the police, the "enemy" to be hated/feared/rebelled against.

I'm not saying you can't vent if you want, because that also goes against the principles of Wattflyer. All I'm saying is think before you post. Ask yourself, "Do I really want to get into this?"

admin
11-02-2005, 11:43 PM
Well said Matt. We don't want WF to be a board to simply blast other boards. It is designed for an fun, easy, fast, clean and open exchange platform to discuss eflight. Slamming other boards probably won't do much to push everyone's enjoyment of the hobby forward. Simply voting with your patronage here, clicks and votes is the loudest voice you have.

easytiger
11-03-2005, 03:36 AM
I think you are making a mistake, and you SHOULD allow people to vent their spleen against the way they were treated over there. Don't let them DWELL on it, but let them speak their piece.
Maybe a BETTER idea is to just moderate all the ex-moderators and moderators from over there who keep chiming in, telling people how it's all THEIR OWN FAULT no matter what that they got banned or abused at RCgroups. Sure sick of hearing from some of THOSE guys.

zappedalaskan
11-03-2005, 05:37 PM
I think you are making a mistake, and you SHOULD allow people to vent their spleen against the way they were treated over there. Don't let them DWELL on it, but let them speak their piece.
Maybe a BETTER idea is to just moderate all the ex-moderators and moderators from over there who keep chiming in, telling people how it's all THEIR OWN FAULT no matter what that they got banned or abused at RCgroups. Sure sick of hearing from some of THOSE guys.
A lot of us either don't go there or go there without any misshaps.
I would never be a part of someone putting me on a points system, but thats just me.
The recent flood of people joining is great! The recent flood of people coming here to blast or defend another site is not in the better interest of the hobby and frankly I come to Wattflyer and RCU for the lack of people flaming each other and other sites. The only drama in RC should be when your engine/motor quits on take off.
Marc, The admins and the mods are all great people here and strive to keep the mud flinging at bay. In short, it just doesn't happen here and I believe it should stay that way. I really doubt many people here really care how many times someone can be banned from a site, or what they can or can't get away with. They have chat servers for the dramatic stuff. and thats exactly where it belongs.. I hope I am not out of line here Marc, Matt, And if I am I appologize. I just think they should keep the soap opera at the "other site"
Regards,
Jay

qban_flyer
11-03-2005, 05:41 PM
All of this works against the kind of atmosphere we're trying to create here at Wattflyer, which is an easy-going, friendly, and FUN environment where moderators don't have to be the police, the "enemy" to be hated/feared/rebelled against.

Well said. Thank you, thank you, thank you!

qban_flyer
11-03-2005, 05:44 PM
I just think they should keep the soap opera at the "other site"
Regards,
Jay

Well said. I agree with you 100%!

admin
11-03-2005, 06:45 PM
I really want everyone here to strive for an atmosphere where we can all discuss the hobby openly without having to tear down other people or websites. I've been on the other end of where RCG is right now when RCU screwed up in the past. When we screw up we do listen and try to take strides to fix it but the ultimate goal is to serve the modeler first. Wattflyer's goal is to take that to the extreme.

I think most would enjoy coming here to read about new technology and shared interests. I think it is the minority who want to get into the "politics" (for lack of better word) of the hobby. That said we don't have a blanket gag order but we ask everyone to be respectful when discussing these issues if they should pop up now and again. I realize everyone needs to vent sometimes but let's not let it become the focus here ever. We are here to talk about those crazy flying things! :)

easytiger
11-04-2005, 07:20 AM
Fair enough, sounds good.

Mike Parsons
11-04-2005, 06:16 PM
We are here to talk about those crazy flying things! :)
And the crazy people flying them! :D

zappedalaskan
11-04-2005, 06:56 PM
And the crazy people flying them! :D
Hey Mike.. One of the only certifications I ever received, I just happen to be an rc junkie as well. I am sure the proper authorities have me pegged :D Either that or the 20 below zero weather has done an froze up my brain.. At any rate I keep coming back for more. I can fly a couple of my high wing planes with mittens on! Heli- forget the gloves not enough finite feel for the gimbals. Wow this is good coffee!
Take care and have a great day!
Jay
*edit: Look my 69th post. I was born in 69..

Mike Parsons
11-04-2005, 07:41 PM
Zap,
20 below?!?! You need to come down south...5 mph winds, sunny and 77 degrees F. :)

guapoman2000
11-05-2005, 05:50 AM
Okay, since we are all on the topic of not flaming other R/C Forum boards...no one here was specific enough to point any particular thread lately here under this category out as an example.....

Well, let me say that I specifically stated that I WAS NOT bashing RCG's and just venting off the rather silly and ineffective Warning Point System and nothing else at the thread that I created several days ago.

http://www.wattflyer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2166

The fact that someone came over from RCG's to settle old business then that's a different story and yes, it is rather a soap opera and again for this I apologize.

Just to let you all know....Phillip (a.k.a., Jimmy Hoffa) and myself (Guapoman2000) have come to an understanding and both of us have apologized to each other and made amends. After several direct e-mails we have carefully studied were we misunderstood each other and forgave each other after several months of heated pickering.:o

We are now in good terms and both are enjoying WattFlyer as in the intended manner that it was created. You will see Jimmy Hoffa replying to one of my threads in a assisting way!:)

Again, I did not intend to blast RCG's as that forum society contains lots of information and many here including myself that have decided to come over to WattFlyer has made RCG's what it is today!....:D

We are all getting along!!!:D

Rugar
11-05-2005, 09:02 AM
Okay, since we are all on the topic of not flaming other R/C Forum boards...no one here was specific enough to point any particular thread lately here under this category out as an example.....

Well, let me say that I specifically stated that I WAS NOT bashing RCG's and just venting off the rather silly and ineffective Warning Point System and nothing else at the thread that I created several days ago.

http://www.wattflyer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2166

The fact that someone came over from RCG's to settle old business then that's a different story and yes, it is rather a soap opera and again for this I apologize.

Just to let you all know....Phillip (a.k.a., Jimmy Hoffa) and myself (Guapoman2000) have come to an understanding and both of us have apologized to each other and made amends. After several direct e-mails we have carefully studied were we misunderstood each other and forgave each other after several months of heated pickering.:o

We are now in good terms and both are enjoying WattFlyer as in the intended manner that it was created. You will see Jimmy Hoffa replying to one of my threads in a assisting way!:)

Again, I did not intend to blast RCG's as that forum society contains lots of information and many here including myself that have decided to come over to WattFlyer has made RCG's what it is today!....:D

We are all getting along!!!:D

You just couldn't let it go could you? You had to post yet one more time about a thread that was closed and you just had to post a link to it! Carlos, you are Watt Flyer member #107, yet you failed to support this forum until RCG banned you. Most everyone has gotten along in here from the start, and have been very helpful. This has been such a nice peaceful forum until 5 days ago :mad:! Please keep your personal problems you seem to have with your local flyers off this board. This also goes for the ones that came on here and started this mess in your locked thread. They obviously only made a account to stir up trouble
PS. (its Bickering, NOT Pickering)

Im sorry Marc and Admins, but I came to Watt Flyer to get a way from this kind of BS! Carlos just doesn't know when to stop, which is why so many were pissed off at him at RCG. For a example just look at Harley's Mini Funtana build thread on RCG.

Most of the people (not all) (PLEASE READ, I said not all) that are mad at RGC and coming over here for getting points against them or being banned, were given them points or banns for good reason. They now have a chance to make a fresh start on Watt Flyer, but it seems many have not learned from their mistakes. I sincerely hope this problem will be taken care of before it ever gets a chance to get started and bring this forum down.

I'm off my soapbox now, but just wanted to speak my mind. I won't post on this subject again!

guapoman2000
11-05-2005, 11:54 AM
You just couldn't let it go could you? You had to post yet one more time about a thread that was closed and you just had to post a link to it! Carlos, you are Watt Flyer member #107, yet you failed to support this forum until RCG banned you. Most everyone has gotten along in here from the start, and have been very helpful. This has been such a nice peaceful forum until 5 days ago :mad:! Please keep your personal problems you seem to have with your local flyers off this board. This also goes for the ones that came on here and started this mess in your locked thread. They obviously only made a account to stir up trouble

Im sorry Marc and Admins, but I came to Watt Flyer to get a way from this kind of BS! Carlos just doesn't know when to stop, which is why so many were pissed off at him at RCG. For a example just look at Harley's Mini Funtana build thread on RCG.

Most of the people (not all) (PLEASE READ, I said not all) that are mad at RGC and coming over here for getting points against them or being banned, were given them points or banns for good reason. They now have a chance to make a fresh start on Watt Flyer, but it seems many have not learned from their mistakes. I sincerely hope this problem will be taken care of before it ever gets a chance to get started and bring this forum down.

I'm off my soapbox now, but just wanted to speak my mind. I won't post on this subject again!

Dear Admin (Marc) and Moderators:

Seems like a personal attack to me....this person again has certainly an Ax to grind.

He is accusing me of an un peaceful state of mind and yet he spreading discort and miscontent while he spews his own venom.

My personal views of a particular model has no relationship with a thread being closed and as matter of fact many in Orlando that owned said model you mentioned received my comments with positive outlooks and were able to modify those less than slightly admiring qualities of that model. Nothing is perfect and there was nothing wrong in pointing them out except to say those that have a vested interest beyond constructive observations and dialog.

People don't know HOW TO LET GO themselves and continue to bring yet old business from RCG's:rolleyes:

Thank you for correcting my spelling!!!!

Consider yourself be warned....Personal attack towards me and Trolling from RCG's!

Have a great day!:D

guapoman2000
11-05-2005, 12:09 PM
Oh, have a great flying day!!!

I am heading to the club field as it is super flying conditions and nice and cool in central Florida!

Ta Ta
Carlos:D

qban_flyer
11-05-2005, 12:26 PM

While I usually don't take sides, try to stay as far away from personal squabbles, and furthermore I was not going to post on this here thread anymore, I had to do it once again after reading your post. I must agree with your assessment of this case 100%.

When I received an e-mail letting me know of a new posting here last night (this morning), I came along to see what it was all about. Needless to say, when I read guapoman2000's tirade and the link to something that has been extinguished by the Administrator, it made my blood boil. When the Administrator closed that thread is because he wanted the problem ended once and for all, yet he has been disrespected in a shameless fashion.

I really don't care about what these people did at RCG and in reality I don't give a hoot as to their personal problems either. What burns me up is that we have had a very nice and quiet site here until these characters decided to bring their problems here. Nothing has been the same again.

I sincerely hope both the Administrator and Moderator take steps to prevent these individuals from ruining what up unitl now has been an extremely pleasant site to spend time at. The poem I posted about Watt Flyer in the "Humor" section reveals my fond feelings for this site. I like to spend quality time here, not read about other people's personal problems.

As for the the ones involved in that fracas, I will put them all in my ignore list. I just saw guapoman2000's latest post. It disgust me, as I haven't got a clue who is he challenging this particular time. Is it you Gerald? The Administrator? The Moderator? Or is it Watt Flyer's entire community? Who is he putting on notice?

He is definitely the first user ID going on my ignore list once I finish posting this. I certainly don't envy Marc's or Mike's position in this matter, they have more important things to take care of than this childish behavior.

As for guapoman2000, don't bother to apologize to me anymore as you did on the closed thread. It is no necessary for you to do, and you have shown me that your apologies are not worth the paper they are printed on.

We, at Watt Flyer are not going to allow you and or your enemies (perceived or otherwise) destroy this nice place with your bickering, OK? We have had it with you all!
:mad:

admin
11-05-2005, 03:48 PM
I'm going to close this one simply as a "push" to get everyone to talk about planes and helis again. Everyone's points here have been duly noted as well!

Thank you fellas.