PDA

View Full Version : weekend carnage report

Jollyroger
07-23-2007, 03:29 AM
I haven't had one of these in so long, I forgot what it was like:
First off while attempting to prtogram my Viking oldtimer into my Flash 5, I in advertantly reversed channel 3 and the plane suddenly lunged forward off the setup bench and into the air, with the throttle and apparently the rudder reversed I found myself in complete disarray mentally and said plane which had many flights over the years came to an abrupt landing.The result: scratch the ole Viking.
Recovering , I decided to fly the Predator UAV ( Nitro Models) and cartwheeled it in when I attempted to land it without power, this plane needs to come in with some throttle . It appeared to be all right, but upon a second flight, the left wing suddenly departed the main structure and the Predator went into a death spiral: Scratch one Predator.
Now without forward intelligence or any whatsoever, I decided to fly my trusty old Stryker. after some hot buzzing over the field, it was at the south end of the runway where odd things have been happening to aircraft as of late. I lost command and control of the F-27 and it suddenly flipped over on its back and went in. The result: the Stryker with its fuse broken in two and other various parts damaged is now waiting to be scrapped out and replaced with a new airframe when it arrives.
The other two: the Viking and the Predator will not be replaced as I have too many other projects to finish.
Not a good day, but I did mange to get in two good flights with my modified Seniorita and practice some touch and go's.
Tomorrow back at it, in the A.M. this time with my newly rebuilt Ace 4-20.
I look upon such incidences as this as somewhat of an experience that all of us come to grips with once or twice that brings us back to reality and also has that humbling affect upon our egos.
ON the way home I decided to salve my shattered ego with an ice cream cone of Strawberry cheesecake ice cream.
Hope you all had a better weekend than I :red:

Biplane Murphy
07-23-2007, 03:51 AM
You have my sympathies Jollyroger!!!

I have been there too. The multiple plane destruction sucks.

I also have "Taken out" three in one day.

Right now three of my beloved bipes need repairs. (2 from one day's flying session)

Murph.........

spitfire
09-05-2007, 01:23 AM
I haven't had one of these in so long, I forgot what it was like:
First off while attempting to prtogram my Viking oldtimer into my Flash 5, I in advertantly reversed channel 3 and the plane suddenly lunged forward off the setup bench and into the air, with the throttle and apparently the rudder reversed I found myself in complete disarray mentally and said plane which had many flights over the years came to an abrupt landing.The result: scratch the ole Viking.
Recovering , I decided to fly the Predator UAV ( Nitro Models) and cartwheeled it in when I attempted to land it without power, this plane needs to come in with some throttle . It appeared to be all right, but upon a second flight, the left wing suddenly departed the main structure and the Predator went into a death spiral: Scratch one Predator.
Now without forward intelligence or any whatsoever, I decided to fly my trusty old Stryker. after some hot buzzing over the field, it was at the south end of the runway where odd things have been happening to aircraft as of late. I lost command and control of the F-27 and it suddenly flipped over on its back and went in. The result: the Stryker with its fuse broken in two and other various parts damaged is now waiting to be scrapped out and replaced with a new airframe when it arrives.
The other two: the Viking and the Predator will not be replaced as I have too many other projects to finish.
Not a good day, but I did mange to get in two good flights with my modified Seniorita and practice some touch and go's.
Tomorrow back at it, in the A.M. this time with my newly rebuilt Ace 4-20.
I look upon such incidences as this as somewhat of an experience that all of us come to grips with once or twice that brings us back to reality and also has that humbling affect upon our egos.
ON the way home I decided to salve my shattered ego with an ice cream cone of Strawberry cheesecake ice cream.
Hope you all had a better weekend than I :red:

are you going to fix them? if not can i have them.

Grasshopper
09-05-2007, 03:20 AM
Sorry to hear that Jollyroger. At least you got all yours in the air. I tore up three of mine in one mishap and two of them never even left the ground. Hope you get them back together ok.

CHELLIE
09-05-2007, 03:28 AM
Sorry to hear that, Thats the way it goes sometime, I took out 2 planes one day, and brought back pieces of planes, on one the aileron push rod came apart, in it went, and on another plane, a cell phone tower jumped in front of it :Q Glad they were just Cheapy foamies, take care, Chellie

FlyingMonkey
09-05-2007, 03:29 AM
are you going to fix them? if not can i have them.

VULTURE!!!

:D

firemanbill
09-05-2007, 03:33 AM
Sorry to hear that JR!

I know the feeling though as I destroyed my Big Waco this past weekend too...:sad: