PDA

View Full Version : Anyone Have Experience with Thunder Tiger?

Sky Hawk
08-05-2005, 10:10 PM
I am new to e-planes (but not to rc flying). I am interested in the Thunder Tiger-Ripper brushless motors (see them at http://users.zoominternet.net/~anrcguy/ttiger.htm ) and would like to know if anyone has any experience with them?

Thanks,
Sky Hawk

rcers
08-05-2005, 10:34 PM
No experience with them Sky Hawk. They look like one of many of the new brushless motors from China......

Near the same price point I have been very happy with the new eFlite outrunner motors. Also been very happy with my $30 Skatty motor from Hobby Lobby.....

Of corse the AXI's have been great, but they are more $$$$.

http://www.hobby-lobby.com/brushless-skatty.htm They still have the Esskay on sale for $30. A great deal, but you do need a prop adapter.

I have a buddy that just bought 4 of these, and he used them on the B17 EAM is talking about here! It looks great!

Mike

johndalton
08-08-2005, 07:16 PM
P.o.s.

rcers
08-08-2005, 08:31 PM
Care to elaborate? What is your setup and why are they garbage?

Reformed Nitroaddict
08-08-2005, 08:46 PM
sky hawk - I have had several experiences with TTR outside of the electric airplane world and they have all been positive. I see no reason why these brushless motors would be any less quality.

I would note, however, that there are many other outrunners available in that price range that have a little more faith and user reviews behind them that might be a smarter decision unless you just want something different.

rascal110
08-08-2005, 09:57 PM
try the himax motors.. they come with radial mounts and also the stick mounts.. have beeen using them for a while now and no problems and they r fairlin inexpensive. they also produce wayyy more power then the eflite parks.. u wont like them. try the himax u will glad u did

EpoweredRc
08-08-2005, 10:34 PM
try the himax motors.. they come with radial mounts and also the stick mounts.. have beeen using them for a while now and no problems and they r fairlin inexpensive. they also produce wayyy more power then the eflite parks.. u wont like them. try the himax u will glad u did

I myself use the Himax Motors their great.never had a day trouble out of them.I have the 2015 and the 2025. Both run grat my father has a outrunner it does good also.

irone
08-21-2005, 04:24 AM
I would tell you to purchase a motor which produces more power than you think you will need for your plane. SIZE DOES MATTER, and so does weight in electrics. The Skatty motor mentioned above turns smaller props and probably is a good motor for small parkfliers under 10 ounces. For something larger and heavier a motor throwing a 1047 prop and capable of putting out 24 plus ounces is much better. My friend at www.2dogrc.com (http://www.2dogrc.com) has the XMOTOR listed which produces the above specs, and priced well under the Himax.

I love the smell of lipos in the mornings!

bvincent
09-11-2005, 11:06 PM
I just got one to test against the Littlescreamer. The LS is exactly 1/2 the weight (.8oz's) with same watt and amp specs compared to their 1.6oz's. It looks well constructed and durable though.

irone
09-12-2005, 12:41 AM
bvincent............. I consider both motors as offering good value to the user.

I couldn't help but notice the picture of the Hydro-plane. Question, is that one of Mike Connally's kits? Mike is a great friend of mine. He wins first prize for dreaming up and showing it to the rest of us. For being a nice guy of coarse he got shafted in the end. Sorry Mike................................

bvincent
09-12-2005, 03:50 AM
No, unfortunately his and Ernest's are not available yet. If he is a good friend of yours you already know that though. It is a MH1 from Red's hanger One Hobbies, Red is a friend of mine.