PDA

View Full Version : Piper float flyin crash

Kyle G.
07-24-2007, 09:19 PM
I've got about 10 take offs and landing with this new cub of mine. But this last take-off seemed to be a little different. To be honest, I don't even know how it tipped. Happened realy quick and everything seemed perfectly normal right up until it happened. The only thing damaged was the left float which a little epoxy fixed. I also ended up taking apart the engine and cleaning and drying it out. It was up and running again the next day.

FlyingMonkey
07-24-2007, 10:00 PM
at least the electronics were ok.

I would have fried mine.

Kyle G.
07-25-2007, 03:46 AM
O you know what, I forgot this was electrics only :o If it makes things better, I was considering converting this ;) I think that crash was still worth posting.

CHELLIE
07-25-2007, 04:46 AM
Hi nice cub, It looks like you got a gust of wind under your right wing, maybe from not taking off directly into the wind, looking at the pic, it was leaning towards the left on take off, and continued going left bank, Glad its ok, and will see many more flights, take care, Chellie

iMflyer
07-27-2007, 11:28 AM
Hello all,

I was flying my modified H2O Wasp and my tipped over as well, but mine happened when I was trying to maneuver the plane back to me after a flight sortie. Good thing, it was all captured on video. It's very entertaining.
Click on the link to watch the video, http://rcuvideos.com/item/FMYPPQY06NS7FKNT

Also, here's a picture of my H2O Wasp.

iMflyer