PDA

View Full Version : Hacker A30-16M Plane

fhdavenport
07-27-2007, 07:15 PM
Hi All,

I'm looking for something to build around my Hacker. Everywhere I look I find 3D stuff, but my interest is Scale/Warbirds etc.....

Maybe 35-40 ounces AUW for a single motor, or perhaps I'll just get another one and build bigger. Still in the planning stages at this point, but I'd appreciate your input.

I've looked at the Greenmodels Gee Bee. Nice, but would rather have a WW1 or WW2 fighter. Maybe a foam kit that I could overbuild?

Thanks in advance.

Frank

fhdavenport
07-28-2007, 06:34 PM
Did a search using the Hacker motor as the criteria....mostly 3D stuff. I'll check around.

Cheers,

Frank

fhdavenport
07-29-2007, 09:37 PM
Lotta' stuff on aerodromerc.com. Everybody must be out flyin'.

I'm outta' here.

fhdavenport
08-06-2007, 12:58 AM
Hmmmm. Well, and so it goes. Instead of talkin' to myself here I went ahead and ordered a Katana MD to use with the Hacker.

I found a build thread somewhere. Not really what I wanted, but seems to be quite popular with the folks that have them.

Frank

Madman
08-06-2007, 11:27 PM
Hmmmm. Well, and so it goes. Instead of talkin' to myself here I went ahead and ordered a Katana MD to use with the Hacker.
I found a build thread somewhere. Not really what I wanted, but seems to be quite popular with the folks that have them.
FrankYou will love your KMD, Frank (or, at least it's my own current favorite). I found the following build thread to be extraordinarily helpful, not only during construction, but afterward, for mods and performance enhancements, too; as well as for permutations and combinations of power systems other than what the manufacturers and distributors recommend. (I found their recommendations to be pretty much optimal, by the way ... FYI).
This thread is over 200 pages long, by now, but is worth plowing through from end to end. Very little (although some) balderdash. Good group!
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=590900

Welcome to KMD land.:ws:

fhdavenport
08-07-2007, 09:05 PM
Thanx Madman. I appreciate the gesture. I found the thread before I bought the KMD. The plane arrived yesterday. I'll have to revisit the build thread for the tail wheel mod, and I'm looking at these flimsy lookin' hinges.......?? I have some pinned ones I might try instead.

Cheers,

Frank

pd1
08-07-2007, 09:18 PM
fhdavenport, Your threads start like mine. Not much response.

Now I try to see how many posting I can get away with before people discover the thread and start to add to it.

Now start with some pictures, please.

Paul

fhdavenport
08-08-2007, 06:25 PM
Hey,

Thanx for the reply. As soon as I figure out how to upload pictures here, and what rez to use.....I'll begin. It's on here somewhere, I've seen it.

I spent about a year near Boston. The people there were very kind to me as a kid in uniform in the 60's. I also froze my derriere off. Nice to hear from you.

Frank

Lip84
08-08-2007, 06:55 PM
Sometimes it takes a while for people to discover or warm up to your thread. I had five posts on a build thread before anyone commented.

I always upload pictures at 800x600 and it seems to work well, although its probly overkill. Half that would be fine I bet.

Lookin forward to some nice pics!

fhdavenport
08-09-2007, 12:03 AM
Thanx Lip84. 800X600 it is.

Cheers,

Frank

fhdavenport
08-09-2007, 11:33 PM
OKay, waitin' for parts. Hang in there.

F.

fhdavenport
09-05-2007, 10:06 PM
Bump. I'm in the wrong thread here, but nothing is going on with the build yet anyway.