PDA

View Full Version : click

windshadow
07-28-2007, 04:08 PM
I am thinking this place must have a click or something going on . seems like folks are not to friendly! I was thinking that when you reply to a post about a set up you should get some kind of reply? must be a click not sure? I came here to find out about batteries to no avail, I figured out how to get rid of the ground loops on the j3 cub on take offs I just kinda thought it would be on here some were but it was not .my point is this this is not a friendly site to new comers! there is a click going on and it is not good! take care

fhdavenport
07-28-2007, 06:39 PM
Well.....It's an interesting observation. I'm not part of a clique, so whassup!? I may not be able to help, but I check here daily.

Cheers,

Frank

windshadow
07-28-2007, 09:45 PM
helo frank not much it up I have figured out what battery to use for the pulse and how to get the j3 cub flying great on take offs. I posted some of my results and recieved no reply. just seems odd to me thats all. but thanks for the reply bill

fhdavenport
07-28-2007, 10:30 PM
Yeah, same thing happened when I asked for build suggestions using the Hacker A30-16 motor I have. And "Thank You" for the reply.

I decided life was too short to worry about this stuff. I'll just search and build something. If the Hacker doesn't work out, it'll just gimme' an excuse to get something else.

F.

Fangar
07-28-2007, 10:45 PM
I am thinking this place must have a click or something going on . seems like folks are not to friendly! I was thinking that when you reply to a post about a set up you should get some kind of reply? must be a click not sure? I came here to find out about batteries to no avail, I figured out how to get rid of the ground loops on the j3 cub on take offs I just kinda thought it would be on here some were but it was not .my point is this this is not a friendly site to new comers! there is a click going on and it is not good! take care

Hello,

I looking back into your previous posts, it seems that many folks have been able to offer advice and seemed to have helped you out. I think that folks here also enjoying flying and building planes. That might explain the lack of a response to a particular thread you might be upset about.

I will say however, that I have frequented a number of Forums pertaining to woodwokring, Motorcycles, etc, and this place has nicest bunch of folks, by far. N ot thinking there was a clique, likely no one had the answer you were looking for.

http://www.wattflyer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=19606
http://www.wattflyer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=20612
http://www.wattflyer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=20131
http://www.wattflyer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17337
http://www.wattflyer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17043

etc...

Cheers,

Fangar

windshadow
07-29-2007, 02:21 AM
Hello,

I looking back into your previous posts, it seems that many folks have been able to offer advice and seemed to have helped you out. I think that folks here also enjoying flying and building planes. That might explain the lack of a response to a particular thread you might be upset about.

I will say however, that I have frequented a number of Forums pertaining to woodwokring, Motorcycles, etc, and this place has nicest bunch of folks, by far. N ot thinking there was a clique, likely no one had the answer you were looking for.

http://www.wattflyer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=19606
http://www.wattflyer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=20612
http://www.wattflyer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=20131
http://www.wattflyer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17337
http://www.wattflyer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17043

etc...

Cheers,

Fangaractions speek louder than words, in this case it was the lack of both.

windshadow
07-29-2007, 02:23 AM
Yeah, same thing happened when I asked for build suggestions using the Hacker A30-16 motor I have. And "Thank You" for the reply.

I decided life was too short to worry about this stuff. I'll just search and build something. If the Hacker doesn't work out, it'll just gimme' an excuse to get something else.

F.I hear ya I went with the pulse 40 xt what a great flying set up.bill

Fangar
07-29-2007, 03:06 AM
actions speek louder than words, in this case it was the lack of both.

?

??

Fangar

Biplane Murphy
07-29-2007, 04:07 AM
helo frank not much it up I have figured out what battery to use for the pulse and how to get the j3 cub flying great on take offs. I posted some of my results and recieved no reply. just seems odd to me thats all. but thanks for the reply bill

Sometimes when there is a lot of posting going on a thread can be buried far back in the new posts list.
The people who may know the answers may not see it.
Just ask again, and hopefully someone will see it!!:)

Hope you change your mind...lots of friendly and helpful people here.

Murph..........

windshadow
07-29-2007, 11:19 AM
thanks murf maybe I was just having a bad day.

rea59
07-29-2007, 01:18 PM
Murph said it best, when there is a lot of posting going on your "new" post can get buried real quickly and may not even be seen.
Here's a suggestion (I've done this) If you know of someone that may have an answer to what your looking for (from reading their other posts) then PM them a link to your post. They still may not have a complete solution to your problem but they will give you an answer.

Many times I've wanted to answer someones post but didn't have the time right then and couldn't get back to the forum for several days.

Keep asking your questions these folks are some of the friendliest I know.

Grasshopper
07-29-2007, 02:16 PM
Hang in there Windshadow,

There really are a lot of good guys here that will try to help. Maybe some of them are like me in that, if I'm not pretty sure I'm right, I won't post because I don't want to give bad information. Generally, someone will help. If not, Ray had a good suggestion on sending a PM. Stick with us.

firemanbill
07-29-2007, 02:48 PM
I agree that there are a ton of great folks here at Wattflyer. I also agree that there is a clique...

everyone of us 16,000 or so members are in it!:ws:

Ray has a very good point of questions getting buried towards the back real quick. I left yesterday morning to go to a fly in about 6am. When I got home and back online at about 11pm there were several hundred posts to go through.

Hang in there and you'll get the help you need!

Bill G
08-05-2007, 09:00 AM
In any forum I've posted in, I've found that you have to be there a while, for folks that are into the same areas of modelling to get to know you. Some scenes are limited. For example, I just flew a Guillows conversion and posted it. With those threads, I expect little viewing. There are only a limited number of folks that are into that stuff, since its not an off-the-shelf item. People tend to be interested in the areas that they actually do, so depending on the the type of posts, some can get very limited replys.

Bill

Saucerguy2
08-05-2007, 12:33 PM
I've frequented many boards along many different fields, yes including RC and will not mention the horrible response I dealt with in the past trying to ask questions and/or fit into their "click". This place is different in a huge way, utterly unique in a manner, we regulars sometimes hesitate with answers to newcomers not knowing if they are here to ruin what currently exists here because they are coming from another group that envy's what's in place here, or just have a chip on their shoulder, then sometimes, we all just get too busy and some questions get overlooked.

Any of you guys, if you do not get an answer or response you are looking for, PM me, I'll do my best to answer, or bring in others that can answer the question, I may end up just pointing you to a thread that already exists here if that's deemed most logical, no need for redudancies.

The longer I've stuck around here, the more impressed I've been with our members, this is THE place to be rc air wise, it just so happens we are into electrics, but gassers/nitro guys are not going to be booted out of the place, just keep an open mind and don't try to play up the fuel burning tech over e-flight and the latter will fit right in.

A great big welcome to WattFlyer from me an mine to all of you new guys, this is a different type of forum, we are all adults and the moderators are not here to bust balls, in fact, givem lip if they deserve it, well, they are too nice for anybody to want to, hehe. You will very much see why this place is cut from a different cloth then the others soon enough if you stick around.

Brian

windshadow
08-05-2007, 01:34 PM
good points guys. I will hang in there. ps the pulse 40xt is flying great with the evo battery.

Saucerguy2
08-05-2007, 01:45 PM
Post photo's, we all like seeing progress and creations, much better then just text sometimes. Glad you got your bird together, what led you to your conclusions upon the final set up?

Bill G
08-05-2007, 09:20 PM
Getting help can be difficult. I've basically given up asking for help on all forum sites, when it comes to posting. I'll use PM.
At first I got upset when I didn't get replys. Don't worry, after a while folks get to know you, and then you may end up wishing like I have often wished that you WOULDN'T GET REPLYS at times.:Q

Often, I get the schooling types, telling me things like, "Well you know Bill, the fan is what pushes the air to make the plane fly.":D
That would be the type of answer I would get for questions like, "Can the fan rotation cause swirling which causes air to exit notably to one side of a duct, with a perfectly symmetrical, clean ductway on an EDF?"

Anyways, 99.9% of the time, I've ended up answering my own questions through trial and error, and the responses I got did nothing but make me look like a completely inexperienced idiot, to the rest of the forum.

You'll find certain folks with expertise in certain areas, that actually can offer expert help. I now just PM them, to avoid all the rest of the nonsense.

I'll debate it for hours if needed, that RCG sucks::mad:

No laughing face for that comment, since I really don't find it funny at all.

Between RCG and this place, I've spent a lot of time at both, and 1 thing that I can tell you is that RCG deserves NO MEMBERS, AND SHOULD BE PUT OUT OF BUSINESS. I could go on forever about the issues, but the "clique" there is the admin, and a new guy who just loves his power, and will ban you just because he feels like it.

Remember that a lot of members here are really sick of RCG crap, and would just as soon that some types stay over there. There very friendly here, and much, much, MUCH less troblemaking and instigating here. Some folks here may seem a bit "speculative and discerning" but only because they want to keep it that way here.

Many folks at RCG enjoy and work the point system, and consider it to be a fun game to instigate other folks into getting banned. Even the admin here will tell you that I don't do well with those types, and tend to fall into those traps. All said though, I'm still here, and not there now. I don't think they were necessarily 100% fair with me all the time here, but for the point of discussion, I could say that I "put them to the test here" and they did not hit the magic "ban button" and just kick me out with a power trip, like RCG. One sided or not, they at least gave the time of day to discuss the issues here.

Bill

Saucerguy2
08-05-2007, 11:23 PM
You are pointing out the bottom line in regards to RCG, the last thing we want to do here is emulate them. Bill, you are considered one of the cornerstones of the WF community, this is where you belong and good riddence to RCG from me and mine as well, I had my own run in with them in the past myself, same point system, wolf pack mentality that you dealt with, I even got a point for complaining in their complaints section about it. I'll never go back to that place, and am reluctant to even click a link to a thread over there when people point me that direction for an answer to a particular question.

Along the boards, I've learned alot from them, I still do, it's amazing how many people have so much insight, it saves me alot of time with research, trial and error, and most of all, my pocket book. I made alot of mistakes teaching myself how to fly, what to get in the first place, and if it wasn't for the boards, I would not be the pilot and builder I am today.

I guess the bottom line, de-rcg new guys, this is a different place, it's nothing like that other one, you may see some familiar faces, but they will agree with me, we at WF don't play the games they play there at all, this board resides along a much higher plane, pardon the pun, and you will find your experiences here to be much more enjoyable and friendly if you give us a chance.

fhdavenport
08-06-2007, 12:53 AM
Well, I guess I'll keep checking in! Thank you all that responded.

Good news!

Frank

Grasshopper
08-06-2007, 12:55 AM
Well, I guess I'll keep checking in! Thank you all that responded.

Good news!

Frank

You're always welcome here Frank

Bill G
08-06-2007, 02:36 AM
Amazing! Now if this thread had been posted at RCG, there would have been a number of folks jumping in to kick the crap out of the guy.
This place obviously does have better folks.

My last demise was making suggestions in the AMA forums. They were not necessarily sugar coated, but why should they be. Sometimes change involves work, and sometimes we are simply not thrilled with everything an organization is doing.

Boy did I get the hell beat out of there. Literally, even by a guy that goes by the name "Hell". Like a street gang over there sometimes, depending on the issues.

Bill

Biplane Murphy
08-06-2007, 02:41 AM
Amazing! Now if this thread had been posted at RCG, there would have been a number of folks jumping in to kick the crap out of the guy.
This place obviously does have better folks.

My last demise was making suggestions in the AMA forums. They were not necessarily sugar coated, but why should they be. Sometimes change involves work, and sometimes we are simply not thrilled with everything an organization is doing.

Boy did I get the hell beat out of there. Literally, even by a guy that goes by the name "Hell". Like a street gang over there sometimes, depending on the issues.

Bill

and the political forums are even more scary!!!!
I read them periodically, but if you ever make a comment they'll rip you apart like a pack of rabid wolves!!!!
attacks from the right, left and middle!!!

pd1
08-07-2007, 01:45 AM
fhdavenport and windshadow,
Glad you're hanging in here.

I don't scan all the forums, just not enough time.
I will try to offer help, if I know a possible solution.

A lot of times I post and I don't think many people see my threads, again it's hard to scan all the forums.

If you get no answer in the future you can do what was sugested or just ask anyone that posted a responce here.
I'm sure all here will help to get you in touch with someone who can help.

firemanbill
08-07-2007, 01:49 AM
Yeah feel free to PM me anytime. I may not know the answer but I'll help you hunt it!

windshadow
08-07-2007, 03:11 AM
Post photo's, we all like seeing progress and creations, much better then just text sometimes. Glad you got your bird together, what led you to your conclusions upon the final set up?
well I wanted to have max power for speed were I fly some of the guys look down on electrics to slow not big enough you know the normal hoopla anyway I was concerned about the wieght. I looked up the specs on many batteries and the evo 5cell 5000 mhr was the one I went with.the flight time is good about 13 min with that set up. I have gone to a evo 5 cell 3500 for cost my flight time is about 6 min I use up around 2700 mhr. this plane will go straight vertical on take off until I stop it. it has lots of power. anyway I like the plane and it is good with the 3500 if you are ok with 6 min or it is good with the 5000 if you want 13 min. I may take some pics at a later date and try to post them I have never done that before take care for now bill.

windshadow
08-07-2007, 03:19 AM
thanks guys for all the great posts.

Biplane Murphy
08-07-2007, 05:12 AM
Yeah feel free to PM me anytime. I may not know the answer but I'll help you hunt it!

Same here!!!!

Bill G
08-07-2007, 06:43 AM
and the political forums are even more scary!!!!
I read them periodically, but if you ever make a comment they'll rip you apart like a pack of rabid wolves!!!!
attacks from the right, left and middle!!!

Yep, that's basically what happened to me in the AMA forum.
I was a fair critic, and an overzealous "administrative deluxe" :Q type decided that he would yet increase his personal grudges against me.

As I said, I made a profile statement, and the next day, I came back and saw this "on a vacation" crap.

If I ever make it to a major meet, I'm throwing a milkshake in that's guy's face, with a getaway car 5 feet away, when we leave the meet.:Q

Bill

Saucerguy2
08-07-2007, 10:12 AM
Drop the milkshake from one of your planes or heli's, hehe, that will get his attention without dealing with assault charges, who are they going to arrest, a model that "happened to malfunction" :) :) :).

Bill, I guess you are still in RCG mode, I'm really trying to get those that have their feet on both sides of the track to realize, this small time, bumkin forum remains very much different and in fact, a haven away from the usual gig in this venue. Hit rcu if you want the volume, stick with WF if you want the small town approach to it all, they are both class acts and technically, still under one roof..............

Stay well, Brian