PDA

View Full Version : Trex underwater video

Helnet
07-31-2007, 02:50 AM
Look at this T-rex flying very very near to water.
http://img.youtube.com/vi/enrrUVRqdRY/default.jpg (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=enrrUVRqdRY)

Crash9
07-31-2007, 05:39 AM
I bet he doesn't try that again. Looks like the lipo was smoking...

Biplane Murphy
07-31-2007, 06:43 AM
Bobbing for T-rex's ?

Murph..........

poor guy lost his cell phone and digital tach for going in to get the heli!!

brnyrbbl
07-31-2007, 07:41 AM
Guess he should have read stilettos thread on adding floats! An expensive dumb stunt indeed!

cuc tu
08-03-2007, 06:17 PM
Nothing more entertaining than real life stupidity.

Gnascher
08-03-2007, 06:26 PM
Probably smoked his ESC and Lipo. If he's lucky the motor, servos and RX are OK.

I had a similar experience the first time I nosed over my float plane. The ESC got drowned, and when I got it back to dry land, I found that the Lipo had puffed and the ESC had melted it's covering.

After allowing plenty of drying time, I saw the ESC was dead (and obviously the batt), but all the rest survived.

Tinman
08-03-2007, 06:40 PM
That was hilarious! Poor guy. It was the peer pressure that got him.

Never let your buddies talk you into doing something dumb. Unless it's with their helicopter or airplane :D

Rabbitcreekok
08-03-2007, 11:07 PM
I would say that quite likely there were adult beverages involved in that incident.:red::Q

Biplane Murphy
08-03-2007, 11:11 PM
I would say that quite likely there were adult beverages involved in that incident.:red::Q

Huh?......do you mean coffee?....hehehehehe:Q

Rabbitcreekok
08-03-2007, 11:17 PM
Huh?......do you mean coffee?....hehehehehe:Q

Really strong coffee, I'll bet.:Q

dotyj
08-03-2007, 11:20 PM
ROFLMAO! They did look somewhat energetic.

Gnascher
08-04-2007, 04:03 AM

Probably truth in that. I've recently had the point driven home myself. I brought my float-plane to a friend's house who lives on the lake for his birthday party. I flew one battery a few minutes after I got there. I had a nice clean ROW, some nice aerobatics, greased landing.

I had 2 bottles of beer with some food over the course of about an hour and a half (a moderate amount for a 200 pounder like me), and went for a second flight. I honestly didn't even "feel" the effect of the beer, but it obviously had an effect on my reaction times.

I didn't damage the plane, but it wasn't pretty either. Two failed ROW (flipped once, and ground-looped the second one). I scratched ROW attempts and hand-launched. I over-corrected several times at low altitude, and was honestly lucky to get her in the air.

Once I got her high enough to have a "margin of error" things went pretty well, but the landing was clumsy as hell. Submarined the pontoons and almost nosed it over.

Now, with those two beers and the time in which they were consumed, I was still within my legal driving limit ... but it was obvious to me watching the way that I was flying that I was "impaired" to a degree. I've never had it driven home to me so clearly how even a little alcohol can affect your performance.