PDA

View Full Version : Stupidity is at it again.

GreenAce92
08-03-2007, 02:39 AM
Hi all,

Im kinda sad and feeling really dumb at the moment.:sad::< Well heres how i lost my Parkzone J3 Cub. Well it was about 9 Am when i flew. It was getting dark fast and i figured well i can do one more pass so i turn trying to bring her in for a landing well it was darker on one side of the field and pretty much all around me is trees and grapevinyards. So anyways as i come in for my landing a gust of wind turns it around and sends it the other way. Well it kept going i couldnt tell if it was coming towards me or not so i kept it on half throttle as i stared at it stupidly as it flew away. And it went behind my field of view because there were tall trees in the way. So i run around that to find my plane and bring her in but i lost her. And now its so dark you can barely see 30ft ahead of you. So im trying to find it wiht the motor thinking the high whining would act like a locator but theres crickets chirping away so i guess that was out of the question plus i didnt fix my propshaft which everytime i crash nosefirst the gear pops off. Sighh...... so i guess i will just have to take a hike tomorrow and hopefully i can locate it. Wish me luck.

Grasshopper
08-03-2007, 02:45 AM
Sorry to hear that GA. Hope you find it tomorrow.

firemanbill
08-03-2007, 02:46 AM
Sorry to hear that... Good luck finding her!

smokejohnson
08-03-2007, 02:52 AM
Bummer GA. Be sure to look high and low. I have found them stuck in trees before. Good luck.

GreenAce92
08-03-2007, 02:55 AM
Good thing its bright yellow ;-) sighh... i hope i can find it.

gfdengine204
08-03-2007, 03:05 AM
Good luck, GA.....I "landed" my Electristar in a beanfield yesterday after a power failure......I found it quickly, in one piece. I hope you find yours too.

GreenAce92
08-03-2007, 03:16 AM
Me Too i have had some good times with that plane and it taught me how to fly too. There search is on tomorrow.

GreenAce92
08-04-2007, 03:40 PM
Oh my god im so happy!!!! I called an airport nearby and asked them if they could tell some fellow airmen to keep an eye out while they flew for a 40in yellow rc plane. And guess what a guy is coming in in a couple of minutes in a small plane and buzz my area a bit and hes doing it for free. Man people are so nice. So if any of you ever lose your plane i guess dont be afraid to call a small airport and ask them to keep an eye out for your plane. I just hope he sees it i would kinda feel bad for the pilot because he used his own fuel and everything for free and he didnt see it.

Grasshopper
08-04-2007, 03:42 PM
That's pretty cool GreenAce. Hope they find it for you.

GreenAce92
08-04-2007, 04:13 PM
OH man they just buzzed my house and several times too which is not a good sign. They buzzed about a 1/2 mile circle around my house. You know that was one of the coolest things that has happened to me. Its a coinsidence that he buzzed my house with a Piper Cub too. A friend of mine has a yellow supercub. they both look pretty much the same except the supercub is bigger. It was just amazing he was buzzing at 100ft roughly and i should be receiving a call any moment once he lands. Its free too which is awesome. Yeah well at least i know its not in the trees still i would have rather have had it in the tree rather than not knowing where it is.

yossarian
08-14-2007, 09:24 AM
Those guys building hours probably LOVE it! They get to practice search and rescue. You've given them a mission! :D

yossarian
08-14-2007, 09:26 AM
Maybe with our combined RC "skills" we could start a company that can set up these sorts of "practice" search and rescues.

I kinda like the idea of having a squadron of Civil Air Patrollers on stand-by for the next time I fly a plane away. :D

GreenAce92
08-14-2007, 04:45 PM
> You've given them a mission!:D

Kinda funny you said that thats exactly what the tower lady said she said "Well one of our guys has some free time too so its like a mission for him."

Sadly i still have not found my Piper Cub i calculated how much it will cost me to replace it and its around 90-100$. Its worth it though i love that yellow plane. Also i am looking into buying a GWS ARF Beaver too. Then i will have two bushplanes in the hangar.

I like your idea too then you can have little CAP kids sending out a search party.

GreenAce92
08-18-2007, 04:25 PM
Sweetness. I think i know where my plane is. My kind neighbor brought over an add he found in the lost and found section but it says radio controlled model airplane found. So im hoping that its there and its mine i havent seen any other flyers around here except me but yeah the road is parrallel to mine and is less than half a mile away so i could have easily flew away into there.

darylm44
08-18-2007, 05:32 PM
I put my name, telephone #, address, and AMA # on a label and stick it to all of my planes. That way if I ever loose one and someone else finds it they have the option of giving it back.:)

GreenAce92
08-18-2007, 06:10 PM
YAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY Finaly after 2 weeks i found my Parkzone J3 Piper Cub yeahhhhhhhh wooooohoooooo. It was only about 1mile away from me it cleared all of the 60-70feet high trees and guess what..... THERES BARELY ANY DAMAGE!!!! This plane flies great and its amazing. Besides the dirt and rust on the prop shaft nut it looks like how i had it before will post pics. I have to charge up the battery and see if the batt still works that battery was new cost me 30 bucks. Im so happy, now where is that charger? The most amazing thing i think now that i think about it is the fact that even though i had no control of the plane or did not know where it was it landed in a clear field unscratched oh there is a broken wing strut but good as hwo i had it last time. The electronics dont look fried and the battery looks good some corrosion on the motor but otherwise it looks like it can stilll work. Well good thing most of the people around here are just pretty much honest farmers and dont really care for planes.

Grasshopper
08-18-2007, 06:12 PM
Wow, that's incredible! You really got lucky. Good for you Ace. Now go out and fly that thing!

GreenAce92
08-18-2007, 06:15 PM
Yeah i will first gotta do some repairs i stilll will replace the wing struts propshaft and propeller otherwise everything should be good saves me alot of money.

aircruiser
08-18-2007, 11:51 PM
wow!!

around here if i lost one of my planes and someone found it they would most likely have took it and cut up the foam and used it for packaging. around here its all businesses and homes and there are alot of nice people that live in the houses around me but the business people are complete a-holes.

glad to see you found your plane!!

GreenAce92
08-19-2007, 01:56 AM
Wow cutting up planes and turning them into packaging material now there should be a law against that. I was worried some kid would think it was a toy glider or something similar. Well the battery is charging which is good news. I gotta see if the tronics work now.

Saucerguy2
08-19-2007, 02:07 AM
How did you end up finding it? I'm sure we want to hear the story.

GreenAce92
08-19-2007, 03:12 AM
Well i didnt find it actually, it was a neighbor of mine. His son had his kids out and they were fourwheeling and the kids brought it in. But yeah they said it was on its wheels just sitting there in the middle of the field and they were wondering how it cleared the 70ft tall trees. But anyways they posted an add on the classifieds area. I dont read the newspaper so if it wasnt for my kind neighbor who found the add i dont think i would have gotten it back. But yeah so i called them and i rode my bike over there and i knocked on there door they said come in and i did. And there my plane was sitting on a table. And i was like yeah that is definitely mine so i was happy no damage really. Oh and i have a question i started to recharge my battery again and because it discharged fully i think it is causing this problem. When i plug the battery in it charges for 2 minutes then stops i then have to unplug the battery and replug it in. And that continues do you guys think that when i dishcharge it again by running the motor fully it will go back to normal charging? Im hoping i dont have to rebuy another battery.

firemanbill
08-19-2007, 03:17 AM
It may be toast if it was drained all the way down and sat for that long...

If you do have to buy a battery don't complain! You came out way ahead on this one.:ws:

I'm glad you got her back!:ws::ws:

aircruiser
08-19-2007, 04:03 AM
actually that happens on a couple of 6 cells we have.

it will eventually get warm after a few times of unplugging and replugging.

atleast that works for me.

Saucerguy2
08-19-2007, 04:18 AM
I have an extra parkzone cub battery, don't be spending 30.00 on your's, just PM me for the details, I have no use for it.

GreenAce92
08-19-2007, 04:19 AM
Well im hoping the unplug and replug thing will work. I already have to replace some stuff just for looks but otherwise i tested it and everything is working. At least so far. I will mess with it more tomorrow.

GreenAce92
08-19-2007, 04:16 PM
Wow i feel like im in rehab with this plane. Before i was so confident with flying it and i had pretty much perfected takeoff's except for the occasional tailspin. But yeah when i first got it back and i first turned it back on i felt like the elevator throws adn rudder throws werent right but after taxing on the ground it seemed right but i am afraid of flying right now. Before i would fly everyday but 2weeks of no flying feels weird. I hope i can be confident enough again to fly without crashing.