PDA

View Full Version : One bird down

Gullwing
08-06-2005, 09:32 PM
Took my GWS P-51 out for her second flight this morning(power and prop issues). Nosed in at full throttle right after launch. Nothing a little glue won't fix, but simplifing things with an outrunner. Tired of the gearbox headaches of which gears and which props to go with those gears..LOL

admin
08-06-2005, 10:46 PM
I had a mishap too at the end of the day. I was coming in w/the brushless projeti and was a little hot so I pushed her down so I would not have to walk so far. The boom that holds the motor cracked (again). Glue is drying in the basement now :)

Reformed Nitroaddict
08-06-2005, 11:38 PM
Ouch yall! Boy, would you hate me if I told ya that I spent 3hrs at the field this morning flying my Formosa more times than I can count with nothing but good results?

Haw.

Gullwing
08-07-2005, 03:04 AM
No I wouldn't hate you, but I think I just called you a fews name under my breath.LOL It's alright I took the Corsair up 5 min. later and flew it out of batteries 3 times. So it wasn't a total loss. The way I look at it is now I have something work on again...............Happy Flying..................GW

ozone
09-07-2009, 07:28 PM
I went over to my Field yesterday with a couple of brushless foamies. I decided not to take 2 transmitters, so I changed the crystal on one to match my ch. 34 Hitec Flash 5. I flew one plane and then proceeded to fly the other. I had to set up the servos and everything seem to be going OK, so I launched, flew around awhile and then got ready to land. The plane was flying directly away from me at about 50' of altitude when it dove straight in, spinning, as it augered itself into the ground. Total one A/C.
This AM I was checking out the planes components and couldn't get anything to work and then it finally dawned on me. I had been controlling the plane with a negative shift transmitter and the plane had a positive shift channel receiver. The only damage was to the plane (totaled) and a broken prop. I'm surprised that it ever worked at all. The receiver was a 5 plus years 4 ch. GWS. ????