PDA

View Full Version : TP-205 or 330d; one is wrong!

jrb
11-07-2005, 07:32 PM
OK, which is correct?

On 2S the TP-205 beeps full 1st; while on 3S the 330d says full 1st.

Kind of upset a bit; TP told me that my brand new TP2100-3S (dated 9/12/05) which had a cell puff about week after being charged the 1st time did so because it was over charged Ė while it had the TP-205 connect during the charge?

Is there an issue with the TP-205 or a bad 2100?

TIA,

Jim

Matt Kirsch
11-08-2005, 02:43 AM
I'm not sure what you're asking here. What is the test you're performing?

Did you inform TP that the balancer was connected to the pack during the charge? I don't know how many of these are actually in use out there, probably not enough to really say if there's a widespread problem. However, there is the distinct possiblity that your particular balancer could have a problem.

One thing for sure is that a cell won't INCREASE in voltage spontaneously, without an outside source of energy. That would mean you've invented a perpetual motion machine :) It had to have gotten overcharged during the charge cycle.

jrb
11-08-2005, 02:22 PM
No tests; and yes I told TP that the TP-205 was connected when I charged the TP2100-3S.

Iíve got 7 packs of 3S with TP taps, and two 2S packs w/taps. My other packs are three 3s and three 2s w/o taps.

So Iíve got a bit of TP-205 experience.

And as you noticed my 3S packs are claimed to be full by the charger 1st; while the 2S are said to be full by the TP-205 1st.

So my 3S pack never got to a voltage high enough for the TP-205 to say it was full; so, how could it have ever have gotten to a voltage to be over charged? 2 devices inducate that it wasnít over charged!

And the cell puffed a while after the pack had been charged; it wasnít puffed when I disconnected from the charger and balancer!

Yes there are two issues:
1. probably a bad cell in TP2100-3S

2. and, a difference in voltage used to indicate full between the 330d & TP-205.